Rob Elliot (now at Gateshead)

EthiGeordie

I'm not a big Darlow fan but hope he has a blinder so that we never have to see Elliot in goal again and Darlow keeps his place until the cavalry arrives in January.

He'll drop a clanger like he did on his debut against the same opposition, Blob will be back and no cavalry will arrive in January.

This is my fear with Darlow, I don't feel he performs well under pressure. Let's hope he steps up when needed.

Guest firetotheworks

Unless Darlow's shown something in training I wouldn't have dropped Jelliot like, as shit as he is. Darlow's been prone to obvious errors in the past, so hopefully he's improved.

Unless Darlow's shown something in training I wouldn't have dropped Jelliot like, as shit as he is. Darlow's been prone to obvious errors in the past, so hopefully he's improved.

Not sure Darlow would starting if this game hadn't come around so quickly like. But I hope he has a good game. He's nothing special at all, but at least he's capable of improving unlike Elliot. Just look at the bloke he came from Forest with.

It's Rafa's choice to swap to Darlow. I worry he's drop a clanger soon, but he is quicker to get down than Elliot and can make solid saves.

I've never claimed Elliot is a good keeper. He's average. He's not terrible. He gets blamed for nearly every goal on here tho  :lol:

It's way too harsh. He could have got down quicker for the 2nd on Sat, and he should command box better tbf.

• 3 weeks later...

No hate for Rob today? :undecided: Funny that.

What a good save in the second half. Surprising really as I’ve been told all season that he’s not capable of that.

Imagine actually thinking he’s as bad as Darlow :anguish: :lol:

What good save was that? He had little to do other than regulation saves - one I recall was when he was late getting down and nearly gifted them a goal.

He's fucking shit. So is Darlow.

Absolutely no idea why he didn't come for the ball just before they scored. Looping up in the air by the 6 yard box and he's rooted to his line.

Because he was scrambling by the post for some bizarre reason and nearly fell over.

:lol: Sorry, I forgot The Mag told us stories so we MUST HATE HIM!

And Darlow had two shots ‘straight at him’ in the last two games which resulted in two goals conceded and 0 points. Yet people still like to have some sort of sad irrational hatred for Elliot and pretend that he’s as bad as him. It’s not even close, Elliot is our best keeper and that is proven game by game.

Cannot believe we’ve yet again got someone trying to blame him for the goal conceded though :lol: I’ll not bother trying to have a normal conversation about Elliot on here anymore because it’s absolutely pathetic.

:lol: Sorry, I forgot The Mag told us stories so we MUST HATE HIM!

And Darlow had two shots ‘straight at him’ in the last two games which resulted in two goals conceded and 0 points. Yet people still like to have some sort of sad irrational hatred for Elliot and pretend that he’s as bad as him. It’s not even close, Elliot is our best keeper and that is proven game by game.

Cannot believe we’ve yet again got someone trying to blame him for the goal conceded though :lol: I’ll not bother trying to have a normal conversation about Elliot on here anymore because it’s absolutely pathetic.

This shot would have been straight at him had he not been standing on the post for absolutely no reason.

Watched the goal again, if his position was decent he would have had a chance of saving it but he stood almost on the post for no reason.

This is where they're equally as shit as each other. Play Elliot and he's positionally woeful, play Darlow and he might have had a chance of saving it but would have probably let it slip through his hands or drop it or something.