Can this be a good start to a good season...

Rocker

I know I am banging this drum really early but we must play Ba whenever he is fit. He is a natural finisher and will get a lot of goals if he is played. So far he has a 0 in 1/2 a game record and a few seem on his back and he was left out vs Sunderland  :undecided:

A couple of signings and getting HBA on the pitch for 30 games are essential. Actually keeping the core fit is essential, if so we stand a chance for a good season, but something will go wrong, then two other things, usually Ashley selling someone, and we will struggle to do what we could have and limp past the post again with us all thankful for not being in a relegation battle.

But if,if things do go our way, we get a LB, a striker, don't sell anyone important, get 30 games out of HBA and our best stay fit the we could push for Europe positions no problem, though IMO it won't happen.

I didn't mean it Jon, your Ba posts are belter.

Purely.

Jon's comment amused me greatly and I don't really know why. :lol:

Because I am always really funny.

That's probably your funniest comment of all. :snod:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Relegation season started with 4 points out of 6 iirc and then it kicked off after a televised carling cup match

Just saying

Always thought we were in for a decent season, certainly nowhere near battling relegation.

A lot depends on the next couple of signings, or lack of them. LB essential and striker would be great, especially if it takes HBA a while to get back.

Optimistic as always, but nervous at the same time.

Always thought we were in for a decent season, certainly nowhere near battling relegation.

A lot depends on the next couple of signings, or lack of them. LB essential and striker would be great, especially if it takes HBA a while to get back.

a striker is essential mate or it's gonna be a frustrating season.

a striker is essential mate or it's gonna be a frustrating season.

Yeah, I know a striker is important, I just meant less so than a LB. I still think we could finish in a decent position with the forwards we have, but watching it might not be that great.

Guest Stephen927

Papering over the cracks... maybe.

But whatever way you look at it, a point from Arsenal and 3 from the stadium of shite, it's a good start to the season no matter how you spin it.

Guest Stephen927

I don't think anyone's deluded enough to think that we're in for a good season with Shola up front and Ryan Taylor at left back. We still need to strengthen to build on this start.