Ligue 1

QBG

Guest Dontooner

There's a Ligue 1 thread now? I've been posting to myself about OM matches for three years. :lol:

This should be a very good and competitive season. I really can't be certain about how the season will progress. I would definitely expect OM and OL to be near the top come the end. OL are essentially the same team minus Toulalan, who was overrated anyway. They'll underachieve their way to a CL spot again, imo. OM have lost some top players in the summer, notably Taiwo and Heinze, but have brought in good experienced players from Ligue 1, like Alou Diarra and Amalfitano. It is imperative that they keep Lucho. I think they will be slightly less talented, but a more cohesive unit and have similar results to last season. Poor start, though.

Lille are still a good team, but have lost so many good players this summer, it is difficult to see them repeating the league and cup double. They've brought in nice players, but Dmitri Payet is not going to replace Gervinho, they haven't replaced Cabaye, Sow will revert back to being average and, Rami was the heart of their tight defence. I have no idea what will happen with PSG. Like Man City a few years ago, they are a complete wildcard.

Of course, this is one of the more randoms leagues in Europe, and Montpellier (who actually START John Utaka) are crushing Rennes and about to go top of the league. :undecided:

Aye really competitive season, surprised by OM  really poor start. Ligue 1 really is getting better each year, good for them to be able to keep they star players. I reckon a french team is going nick a CL trophy in the next 10 years. the standard is certainly looking up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been watching a bit of ligue 1 recently. Whats the story behind PSG btw, why doesnt anyone like them?

Because they've been Man City-ed. Spent over £50m in the summer which is a boat load for a French club.

Been watching a bit of ligue 1 recently. Whats the story behind PSG btw, why doesnt anyone like them?

Because they've been Man City-ed.

Aye i knew that, but prior to this seasons investment they were hated? not just by french football fans but football fans in general

Because they've been Man City-ed.

Aye i knew that, but prior to this seasons investment they were hated? not just by french football fans but football fans in general

Only been going since the 70s and have been bankrolled pretty much from the start IIRC.

Think their fans have a bit of a piss poor reputation n all.

"Paris Saint-Germain are known to draw their support from both far-right white nationalists and Île de France's multi-ethnic population. The Kop of Boulogne is a stand in the Parc des Princes which mainly housed the Boulogne Boys, a supporter group associated with the club. It is known as the "most notorious stand in French football" due to its links with violence and far-right political groups. The KOB became synonymous in French public opinion with not only football hooliganism, but racism and fascism since the 1980s and continutes to be associated with violent elements within the PSG support due to a number of high-profile incidents.[31] The Boulogne Boys, however, were not all far-right supporters as many supporters rejected the attempts of right-wing parties to infiltrate their ranks."

I see Bordeaux have climbed to 10th in Ligue 1 :thup:

They had a terrible start to the season so it's good to see them in the top half at the halfway point of the season.

(Though, they're 5 points above 18th).

Ligue 2....AS Monaco rock bottom and they have been for ages. Not many people are shedding any tears though.

I remember hearing that their support was so abysmal that, the OGC Nice fans sent their own  supporters over to cheer and drum up an atomosphere for them on occasion... as their lack of supporters was such an embarrassment to them (as a fellow Riviera based team) :lol:

PSG sack manager Antoine Kombouare despite being top of Ligue 1 at Christmas.

Not all surprised. Who will replace him?

There's always been talk of Leonardo taking over right from when he became director of sport.

Rafa Benitez linked a few months ago

Guest hatem garrincha

There's always been talk of Leonardo taking over right from when he became director of sport.

Leonardo managed behind the scenes Kombouare's sack since the start of the season. He's not enough "sexy" in his eyes.

Leonardo managed behind the scenes Kombouare's sack since the start of the season. He's not enough "sexy" in his eyes.

Leonardo is a smooth cunt. He looks likeable enough but I don't trust him at all

Always shit to see a club legend treated with absolute distaste by owners. What a pack of cunts.

Caught a bit of stuff on the radio earlier and they all seemed convinced Beckham to PSG is pretty much done and that Leonardo made it happen by promising Ancelotti would be in charge.

Caught a bit of stuff on the radio earlier and they all seemed convinced Beckham to PSG is pretty much done and that Leonardo made it happen by promising Ancelotti would be in charge.

Aye, seems to be the general consensus. PSG's owners have just as much cash as City's, so like it or lump it they're going to be up there at the top table in Europe sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...