Ligue 1

QBG

• 1 month later...

So, there are nine matches left for all teams, and unfancied Montpellier still lead the league on goal difference after PSG failed to beat Bordeaux at home tonight. Seems a battle between Lille, Toulouse, and Lyon for the third and final Champions League position. Meanwhile, OM are.....focusing on their European exploits. The run-in should be fantastic, and I really believe that the title may travel to the south of France this year. Le Classique in is two weeks and it will be a massive game given the title implications.

Hope to fuck Montpellier win it.

Would be such a massive achievement and since PSG are likely to dominate for the future to come it would appear it would be nice if it's postponed by a year.

I watched the reverse OM-PSG game and I think PSG owe their supporters a result in this after their "performance" in that match.

So, there are nine matches left for all teams, and unfancied Montpellier still lead the league on goal difference after PSG failed to beat Bordeaux at home tonight. Seems a battle between Lille, Toulouse, and Lyon for the third and final Champions League position. Meanwhile, OM are.....focusing on their European exploits. The run-in should be fantastic, and I really believe that the title may travel to the south of France this year. Le Classique in is two weeks and it will be a massive game given the title implications.

Montpellier just refuse to go away in the title race and fair play to them. There is a lot of spirit in that side and in the PSG team to be honest so I think it will go right down to the wire. Was at the Parc Des Princes earlier this month to watch PSG beat Ajaccio 4-1, superb stadium and an absolutely mental atmosphere.

It won't be travelling to us, no chance.

EDIT. My mistake you meant Montpellier  :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

PSG win 'Le Classique'. Beat Marseille 2-1 at the Parc Des Princes despite starting the game with no strikers and not bringing one on until the 81st minute. :lol:

Carlo Ancelotti doesn't seem to fancy Kevin Gamiero he has only started 1 of the last 5 for PSG wonder if he regrets dismissing our moves for him last summer given the season we have had and the French players form in our squad.. pretty sure one of his reasons for staying in France was to guarantee a Euro 2012 place must be doubtful for the squad if he is not starting matches especially with Benzema and Giroud form... wouldn't mind seeing how he would do here if Ancelotti wants rid in the summer very different type of striker to Demba Ba and Cisse could be a good foil for Cisse if Demba Ba does leave.

PSG win 'Le Classique'. Beat Marseille 2-1 at the Parc Des Princes despite starting the game with no strikers and not bringing one on until the 81st minute. :lol:

You must be loving it being a Boulogne Boy these days after all it's always good to see the buy the league lot prosper :pow: :safetywink:

Carlo Ancelotti doesn't seem to fancy Kevin Gamiero he has only started 1 of the last 5 for PSG wonder if he regrets dismissing our moves for him last summer given the season we have had and the French players form in our squad.. pretty sure one of his reasons for staying in France was to guarantee a Euro 2012 place must be doubtful for the squad if he is not starting matches especially with Benzema and Giroud form... wouldn't mind seeing how he would do here if Ancelotti wants rid in the summer very different type of striker to Demba Ba and Cisse could be a good foil for Cisse if Demba Ba does leave.

A lot of observers seem to reckon Gameiro will be off. Not sure where he would fit in with our system now we have Cisse. Would be perfect if Ba was to depart however, especially if we continued to play the kind of football we did in the WBA game.

You must be loving it being a Boulogne Boy these days after all it's always good to see the buy the league lot prosper :pow: :safetywink:

:lol: In all honesty, if Montpellier win it I will hold no ill feeling. They play some great stuff and have done so with a combination of young players and outcasts. Not loving how Ancelotti has PSG playing at the moment but still relatively confident that the title will be heading to Paris despite recent slip ups.

Missed the big match today with other engagements, but another massive win for Montpellier today against OM which puts them top of the table by three points along with a goal differential advantage.

Meanwhile, Marseille have failed to win in twelve consecutive matches in all competitions. TWELVE. The last victory was over Internazionale in February. The cup final is on Saturday, and I cannot say I am brimming with confidence.

Menez, Nene, and Pastore are still more threatening than 90 percent of attack in the league.

How's Big Carlo doing in general?

Has only lost once but too many draws really. In my opinion they've panic bought a little and not used the money they have wisely. Signing players like Momo Sissoko, who just isn't cutting it and is really no better than what they already had to begin with.

On the whole PSG haven't played great football on too many occasions since he arrived. The title will probably go down to the last day, but it really shouldn't have conisdering PSG were well clear after beating Montpellier 3-0 on their own patch back in October.

Has only lost once but too many draws really. In my opinion they've panic bought a little and not used the money they have wisely. Signing players like Momo Sissoko, who just isn't cutting it and is really no better than what they already had to begin with.

On the whole PSG haven't played great football on too many occasions since he arrived. The title will probably go down to the last day, but it really shouldn't have conisdering PSG were well clear after beating Montpellier 3-0 on their own patch back in October.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter though, they'll qualify for the CL, the main thing that will help them move forward as a "force" (barring a fuck up) and romp to the league next and forthcoming seasons you'd have thought.

I don't care how much money you have. It is difficult to actually win the league when you actually change managers in the middle of it. Combining this with the massive player turnover and general chaotic nature of much of this season, it would actually be something of an achievement if they beat out settled teams like Lille and Montpellier. As Disco stated, this season is more of a prelude to their inevitable dominance and monopoly of the league and European places. They didn't want to go down this path with Kombouare.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter though, they'll qualify for the CL, the main thing that will help them move forward as a "force" (barring a f*** up) and romp to the league next and forthcoming seasons you'd have thought.

Most likely, but it will be seen as a massive failure by the fans if they don't win it this year.