Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Now i think about it, i doubt he would fly all the way here if he didnt have a good idea of what we had to offer him financially...hopefully it is just a case of signing on the dotted line after a medical... :snod:

Guest bimpy474

If only he was landing at Southend upon Turd airport i could go and sit in the McDonald's car park , i fancy a big tasty as well :)

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/29-08-2011/juve-scatenata-802648564428.shtml

14:37 - The defender Davide Santon, is leaving for England. Santon is going to take the plane that brought him to London where he has an appointment with the leaders of Newcastle. The English club, in fact, will present a proposal for a contract, after being given the okay by Inter to deal with the player: if Santon will say yes to the British, the club's sell it outright for a figure of around 6 million.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't the earlier report say he was considering our offer? I would think he'd have a good idea of what we're going to pay him if he's flying over.

I doubt its money, its got be whether he wants to move to England, looks like he has if he's coming with just 2 days to go.

Inter fans seem like they're p*ssed off with this. Good sign.

Just had a look on their main english speaking forum (alreet Sewelly) and there's one poster on there who I suspect might like him a bit;

IT'S NOT FAIR.. SANTON FOR 6 M? WHAT THE FUCK SI GOING ON ON THIS EARTH.. I REALLY HATE THOSE NEWS..

IT'S REAL? IT'S BEEN OFFICIAL YET? I HOPE NOT?

I HATE YOU BRANCA.. YOU'RE JUSY PIECE OF SHIT

WHAT'S YOU'RE FUCKING PROBLEMO ? THIS PLAYER IS MY IDOL..

:lol:

This hasn't had enough love. :lol: :lol:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/29-08-2011/juve-scatenata-802648564428.shtml

14:37 - The defender Davide Santon, is leaving for England. Santon is going to take the plane that brought him to London where he has an appointment with the leaders of Newcastle. The English club, in fact, will present a proposal for a contract, after being given the okay by Inter to deal with the player: if Santon will say yes to the British, the club's sell it outright for a figure of around 6 million.

Like others have said, he must have a pretty good idea of what we are offering.

Probably thinks it's a Premier League wage the daft twat.

Guest nufcshirts

According to Sky Italia, Davide #Santon is boarding in these very minutes on a flight to UK to join #NUFC. He will have medicals tomorrow.

If Sky Italia info are true, #Santon may be on flight LH 03776 to #London Heatrow or on flight LH 03778, if someone wants to check it out

Didn`t mentioned the source:

@mirkocorli

32 yo, Italy-based football writer, web developer, social media expert, solo-traveller, iPad devoted, Iceland lover. http://mirkocorli.com

I wouldn't talk too soon. Remember Barnetta's "agent" rubbishing our offer as being less than he was on in Germany? :lol:

f***ing hell this might cross the line after all.

Not getting my hopes up until I see a pic of him holding up a Newcastle shirt and I am not talking about a photoshop pic either.

:sadnod: Been falsely excited to many times this summer already

Probably thinks it's a Premier League wage the daft t***.

Uh oh.

Guest bimpy474

I wouldn't talk too soon. Remember Barnetta's "agent" rubbishing our offer as being less than he was on in Germany? :lol:

His agent has already talked us up and the fella who slated us wasn't even Barnetta's agent.

No, because apparently that man was a charlatan, and no agent of Barnetta.

His agent has already talked us up and the fella who slated us wasn't even Barnetta's agent.

That's why I said "agent" and put it in quote ;)

Guest bimpy474

That's why I said "agent" and put it in quote ;)

Oh yeah sorry mate, its all the excitement :D

Hope Del has briefed the pilot to do a sales pitch as the plane flies into Newcastle....

"ladies and gentlemen, if you care to look out of the window on our approach you'll see the suburb of Benton, home to Newcastle United's excellent training facilities and their magnificent new borehole"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hope Del has briefed the pilot to do a sales pitch as the plane flies into Newcastle....

"ladies and gentlemen, if you care to look out of the window on our approach you'll see the suburb of Benton, home to Newcastle's excellent training facilities and their magnificent new borehole"

That joke is getting really bore-ing now. Its been totally dug into the ground, and its just treading water.

"ladies and gentlemen, if you care to look out of the window on our approach you'll see the suburb of Benton, home to Newcastle's excellent training facilities and their magnificent new borehole"

That joke is getting really bore-ing now. Its been totally dug into the ground, and its just treading water.

don't know water your talking about....