Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He's 6 foot 2, isn't he?  Sure he can bulk up a bit if needs be.  I'd quite like us to sign him, sounds like he needs a new start and he's easily still young enough to turn things around.  Could see him succeeding here and his versatility would be a big asset.

Edit: haha OK then, you're talking about Ferguson you confusing buggers.

He's 6 foot 2, isn't he?  Sure he can bulk up a bit if needs be.  I'd quite like us to sign him, sounds like he needs a new start and he's easily still young enough to turn things around.  Could see him succeeding here and his versatility would be a big asset.

Edit: haha OK then, you're talking about Ferguson you confusing buggers.

Was going to say!  If Fergy is 6'2", then I'm 7' tall!

Guest Haris Vuckic

Can we not just get Fergy to eat whatever Nolan was eating when he was with us?

He doesn't get paid enough.

It's an interesting read that. Certainly not a big ego as has been suggested elsewhere, very down to earth reading that, perhaps too easily upset/insecure. Seems Mourinho handled that one badly reading between the lines.

Guest Stephen927

I saw him that night against Ronaldo too, looked like a player with a huge future ahead of him. Bit of a gamble but a relatively low one as his stock is still high in Italy I'm guessing so could be pawned off if the move here didn't work out.

Would prefer a left footer for left back but if he's good enough there it doesn't really matter. Would have to play Marveaux or Ben Arfa ahead of him to get any kind of attacking threat from down that left flank though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Didn't we not buy Baines at one point because he was considered too small? Think we then got Enrique, which worked out in the end anyway, but still!

I don't think we were convinced with the defensive side of game... or something.

Guest ItalianMagpie

This guy is crap. Completely lost after a promising start, and I bet my pants that if we sign him after 3 months begins to cry he wants to move back to Italy, and he will end up in some bottom Serie A side on loan by the end of January...

This guy is crap. Completely lost after a promising start, and I bet my pants that if we sign him after 3 months begins to cry he wants to move back to Italy, and he will end up in some bottom Serie A side on loan by the end of January...

Newcastle's night life brings the Character out of young lads, it'll toughen him up , ask Nile :snod:

Inter fans seem like they're p*ssed off with this. Good sign.

To be honest I am skeptical about that. I take it you looked in the same place, that english speaking Inter forum? It's a bit like a Malaysia Man Utd forum begging Obertan to get a chance.

I'd rather know what Cesena and Inter season ticket holders think. Especially Cesena where he played left back.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't get the optimism on this deal at all, i'll eat my fucking hat if we sign this kid.

/reversepsychology

Ready to turn that hat into piss? :troll:

Has he signed then

General consensus (in Italian and English press) is that he's flying in for a medical and should sign tomorrow.

What about Pieters, i thought he was flying into sign aswell? That roux character aswell, i still don't think we will sign anyone

Inter fans seem like they're p*ssed off with this. Good sign.

Just had a look on their main english speaking forum (alreet Sewelly) and there's one poster on there who I suspect might like him a bit;

IT'S NOT FAIR.. SANTON FOR 6 M? WHAT THE FUCK SI GOING ON ON THIS EARTH.. I REALLY HATE THOSE NEWS..

IT'S REAL? IT'S BEEN OFFICIAL YET? I HOPE NOT?

I HATE YOU BRANCA.. YOU'RE JUSY PIECE OF SHIT

WHAT'S YOU'RE FUCKING PROBLEMO ? THIS PLAYER IS MY IDOL..

:lol: