Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Bendtner is on £55,000 per week and Arsenal wanted the whole lot paid for if they were to let him go.

That would've been why we weren't interested.

I'd rather just not take loan players in general unless it's with a view to a permanent signing or we're in realistic danger of relegation. Pointless to take on a player who isn't even ours just to move up from 12th to 8th or something. Would rather give our young prospects playing time.

Bendtner is on £55,000 per week and Arsenal wanted the whole lot paid for if they were to let him go.

I'd rather just not take loan players in general unless it's with a view to a permanent signing or we're in realistic danger of relegation. Pointless to take on a player who isn't even ours just to move up from 12th to 8th or something. Would rather give our young prospects playing time.

Absolutely  :thup:

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Have fun getting relegated. QPR have the richest owners in football and they sign Shaun Wright-Phillips....ambition????

Absolutely  :thup:

So disappointing not to get the forward we needed in, but Bendtner was clearly not what we needed. Similar to what we already have and let's face it if he hasn't featured at Arsenal during their recent crisis then he must be way off the mark.

So few forwards moved yesterday - even those who appear to be surplus to their teams needs - Crouch was probably the best forward to move and that is really saying something.

Here we go. From todays Journal:

Newcastle sources were insisting last night that a war chest would be made available for transfers in January, but the club know this will not pacify supporters who expected to land a replacement for Carroll.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/09/01/newcastle-united-transfer-window-shopping-61634-29341626/2/#ixzz1Wgc8w8JB

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Have fun getting relegated. QPR have the richest owners in football and they sign Shaun Wright-Phillips....ambition????

Regardless of ambition, I've been disappointed in the lack of imagination in Warnocks signings.

Regardless of ambition, I've been disappointed in the lack of imagination in Warnocks signings.

Not unlike the type spending Brown was doing at Hull when they started sinking.  Seems more intent on making a spending statement than considering the overall affect they'll have.

Guest johnson293

Not unlike the type spending Brown was doing at Hull when they started sinking.  Seems more intent on making a spending statement than considering the overall affect they'll have.

Did Anton Ferdinand go through? Last I remember was Sky saying it had 'hit the skids', or summit?

FFS the signings we have made have been good. Compare with what others have done. Let alone the fact that Mav, Cabaye, Ba and Santon would waltz into any other team bar Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Arsenal and I am including Liverpool and Spurs in that.

You just don't get it.

Yeah we could improve with a few more players but look at how far we have come from when we had Owen, Viduka and Martins leading our line.

Ba, Best and Shola? Joke, right?

Ba, Best and Shola will put more goals in than Martins, Viduka and Owen did in our relegation season.

Are you really so stubborn that you can't admit our current team is better than our team from 08/09? FFS we scored 40 goals!

That wasn't the question I answered. "[...]but look at how far we have come from when we had Owen, Viduka and Martins leading our line." That's just bollocks.

Here we go. From todays Journal:

Newcastle sources were insisting last night that a war chest would be made available for transfers in January, but the club know this will not pacify supporters who expected to land a replacement for Carroll.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/09/01/newcastle-united-transfer-window-shopping-61634-29341626/2/#ixzz1Wgc8w8JB

Get in! Januarys gonna be mint!  :celb:

Although tbf it is hard to get players in January, we should probably wait until next summer.

Guest Rainforest

We will without doubt be held for ransom in January, better hold on for summer. Its an incredible sum of money and it needs to be wisely spent.

Its all going back into the team of course.

Guest Roger Kint

We will without doubt be held for ransom in January, better hold on for summer. Its an incredible sum of money and it needs to be wisely spent.

Its all going back into the team of course.

Just think what players we will line up with another 12 months of planning?

:spit: :deadhorse:

Weren't they talking of doing one of these 'ask your questions and we'll put some extremely vetted ones he may answer to him interviews' soon anyway.  Well done though, one critical (wouldn't call it scathing) report and back to sucking the Ashley cock.

Guest Rainforest

I'd want to keep my time wasted brief so I'd only pose 2 questions :-

1) Is it because you've got no mates you thin-lipped, silly-looking, bullshitting, melon-headed little cunt of a unit ?

2) It is isn't it ?

Guest Rainforest

.Where has the money from the outgoing transfers gone??

2. Stop bullshitting you cunt wheres it gone??

3. What the fuck do you know about running a football club??

4. How much does Pardew owe you?

5.Has Pardew tried to fuck your wife??

6. Has Pardew tried to fuck fattys wife??

7. Have you bought any of the following of Nile Ranger,Guns,Drugs,Bitches??

8. Is it true your a cunt?? If no please state why??

9. Without laughing say the following, Shola and Best are top premiership strikers

10. Whats Ashleys address

11. Is Ashley allergic to anything that could have a serious effect on his health?

12. He hasnt left you NUFC in his will has he??

Turns out getting banned from the forum for the business end of the transfer window is an awesome way to go. With any luck Hughesy will be along on 1st January sucking the life out of everything as per so I can miss it all again. :thup:

Can anyone give me a quick status update though? All the wait til 1st September merchants, have they drank the coolaid yet?