Rate our summer transfer window

High Five o
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Restart this pool one month later please.

Has the transfer window been extended just for us? How kind of FIFA!

I understand the frustration that we can't get one more striker.  But that's debatable because we could be better off playing a 4-5-1 formation instead of 4-4-2.

Nearly every football fans other than NUFC thought we have a marvelous transfer window by being able to dispose old players like Nolan and Barton while getting players like Cabaye and Santon on a ridiculous low price.  The only downside they said is we sold Enrique for too little money. Believe it or don't.

Anyone else also have the feeling that the pull of playing for NUFC no longer has the effect it used to for attracting potentially good talent from abroad?

No, if anything we are attracting more exciting players than in recent years. £5 for Cabaye is better than £15m for Luque, or whatever it was.

£9.5m, but what's the difference in £5.5m in misrepresenting the dealings of the previous board while defending the current.  :coolsmiley: :shifty: :razz:

I'm more concerned he's said you got Cabaye for a fiver. Scandalous.

I understand the frustration that we can't get one more striker.  But that's debatable because we could be better off playing a 4-5-1 formation instead of 4-4-2.

Nearly every football fans other than NUFC thought we have a marvelous transfer window by being able to dispose old players like Nolan and Barton while getting players like Cabaye and Santon on a ridiculous low price.  The only downside they said is we sold Enrique for too little money. Believe it or don't.

Broken promise of a new forward hence the anger tbh

Broken promise of a new forward hence the anger tbh

I break promises myself, sometimes life just gets in the way, we are dealing with buying people here and making them promises about there future they may or may not beleive us or what ever will stop happening what we all wanted. I find it weird how a lot of posters on here who should be using a touch of common sense and realise that its not a MA hating all things NUFC and success conspiracy theory but in fact not everything goes to plan. Its not the same as buying a Mars Bar.

If we went to play one up front, would our striking options look so bad? Between Ba and Best, hardly any playtime for shola, or anyone else really.

Would put more emphasis on our midfield, had we kept Barton and started the season with HBA fit, we might look a little tastier at least.

Whatever, point is if he plan is 2 upfront were monumentally screwed.

Thought about the window a bit, it could definitely be viewed as a success, if you had any trust in Mike Ashley of course. I could almost admire the caliber of player we've brought in on such a small budget, if I could believe that the team was being slowly improved in a considered manner to launch a serious challenge on the top 7. What's a hell of a lot more likely though, is that Ashley is simply sick of the sight of the lot of us and he's trying to make as much money so he can sell the club on.

.......so it's kind of a win.....win situation.........http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/nghia_vn/Meme/bad_poker.png

As an "apologists" ill rate this a 5. Not getting a striker is a disgrace to be honest, it was the major focus of the entire summer and by not getting one we've sold ourselves short massively, a perfect 10 would have been any CD, a RB a versatile midfielder and a striker.

It's a massive shame because the business we'd already done was fantastic, getting a striker wouldn't of been the cherry on top, it was half the fucking cake.

Infuriating.

I'll reiterate where I am, I like the plan (or at least my interpretation of it), I hate the execution.

If we went to play one up front, would our striking options look so bad? Between Ba and Best, hardly any playtime for shola, or anyone else really.

Would put more emphasis on our midfield, had we kept Barton and started the season with HBA fit, we might look a little tastier at least.

Whatever, point is if he plan is 2 upfront were monumentally screwed.

I'd like to give Pardew the benefit of the doubt and say it has always been the plan to go one upfront with Ben Arfa behind in the hole, pace on the wings and a quality CM pairing. Now if we have Ba, Best or Shola as that one upfront then might, might be ok to get us through to Jan. We also need to cross our fingers and hope we get no injuries to the key men.

Lot's of 'if's' and 'buts' in that and it might be our only way of working it. How fucking ridiculous that we're limited to what formation we can play because of the inability to get a striker in. Fucking farce. :lol: