Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Clauses are really common in most of the big Euro leagues besides in PL.

I also think he could be well worth the 15-20 mill EUROs they're requesting, it'll equal to about £15 mill or something?

I mean, having paid 10 for Cisse and he's 26 - Belhandas' potential is way bigger.

Although I do believe this is basically a dream come true if it happens, as I'm not too sure if they're seeing what we're seeing. I just think him being able to cover all midfield positions is basically ideal for the way Pardew thinks/plays.

Cisse is 8 mill & Ben Arfa is 2 mill pounds only... we buy only fooking cheap players. Ashley is sneaky b****** who always look for cut prices at every opportunities.... i dont believe he will buy player over 10 mill pounds. The benchmark of Ashley buy players is top max 10 mill... over that forget it.

Cisse is 8 mill & Ben Arfa is 2 mill pounds only... we buy only fooking cheap players. Ashley is sneaky b****** who always look for cut prices at every opportunities.... i dont believe he will buy player over 10 mill pounds. The benchmark of Ashley buy players is top max 10 mill... over that forget it.

Completely unreliable source for that one. Agree with the 10m threshold for transfers, both your remark and the club policy at the moment.

Guest Phil K

.... Ashley is sneaky b****** who always look for cut prices at every opportunities....

TBF he's a business man. He's running the club like a businessman.

And also TBF we didn't think he'd fork out 9 or 10 mill but amazingly he did for Cisse. And we could probably more than double that now if we wanted, not that we would be so stupid.

.... Ashley is sneaky b****** who always look for cut prices at every opportunities....

TBF he's a business man. He's running the club like a businessman.

And also TBF we didn't think he'd fork out 9 or 10 mill but amazingly he did for Cisse. And we could probably more than double that now if we wanted, not that we would be so stupid.

certainly think if the right player/deal came along we'd spend more than we did on cisse but i'm not so sure the player is out there for us to spend more than 18mill (fee without the rest of the deal) on at the minute.

As pointed out already Ashley is a business man and he does things which would make good business sense.

I think if the possibility for a major profit is there he would go for it for example i think he would pay for 15m for a player if he thinks he can sell him on for 30m or more.

It might be worth taking a look at Ewerton (23yrs) from Sporting Braga as an option to strengthen our central defence. He's one of the players that impressed me the most when I first saw him play several times in the Europa League earlier this season. Classic modern brazilian centre back who's quick and passes the ball well, à la Thiago Silva, without all of David Luiz's fuss. He's also on loan from Corinthians so he might come cheaper than a player owned by a European team. However he apparently has some of Portugal's bigger teams sniffing about him, and the likelihood that Braga will play in the Champions League next season.

What did you think his Benchmark was before he bought Cisse out of curiosity?

What did you think his Benchmark was before he bought Cisse out of curiosity?

10 mill max... well cisse is long target was already asking freiburg a year before... but price tag was 12 mill so we back off.

This summer transfer gonna be exciting stuff once we clear for Europe.... basically our squad right now not enough for 4 competitions... like it or not Ashley must spend some cash.

If we finished 4th we'd have to get through a Champions League qualifier. NUFC won't spend money based on the assumption that we would get through that qualifier. Getting into Europe makes it easier to get the players we are interested in. NUFC won't spend a load of money they wouldn't have spent anyway just because we qualify for the Champions League or Europa cup.

marveoux got injury problem... i got a feel leon will be sold (4-3-3 = 1 striker only (cisse & ba will rotate shola will be back up)... lovelypant out of contract. Playing obertan is meh.

my feeling our purchase next summer purchase for pardew will be:

1. 1st team quality left forward (to replace ba at left side since ba push to center to rotate with cisse)

2. 1st team full back

3. 1st team center back

plus couple youngsters like abeid. our academy seem not producing well atm. only few came out to 1st team... that's worrying.