Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

First of all , it was just a dream  :laugh: , gourcuff is clearly talented but he was injured several times for almost a year , i saw him play the last two or three games, it's obvious that he didn't lose his technique , he's still class as f*** and he's starting to score again . About how he could fit in our team , as much as respect jonas , there is no possible comparison between him and a fully fit Gourcuff , gourcuff between 2008-2010 , scored 25 goals , and delivered 28 assists ... :cheesy:

And we know how good the newcastle "physical" staff is, seeing how good was ben arfa recovery .

Tioté

Cabaye

Gourcuff

Yh i know man, i cant destroy your dreams  :D i am just not sure i can see him replicating that level he showed at Bordeaux.....

He has huge mental issues which would take alot to overcome, no doubt he's talented tho.

First of all , it was just a dream  :laugh: , gourcuff is clearly talented but he was injured several times for almost a year , i saw him play the last two or three games, it's obvious that he didn't lose his technique , he's still class as f*** and he's starting to score again . About how he could fit in our team , as much as respect jonas , there is no possible comparison between him and a fully fit Gourcuff , gourcuff between 2008-2010 , scored 25 goals , and delivered 28 assists ... :cheesy:

And we know how good the newcastle "physical" staff is, seeing how good was ben arfa recovery .

Tioté

Cabaye

Gourcuff

Yh i know man, i cant destroy your dreams  :D i am just not sure i can see him replicating that level he showed at Bordeaux.....

He has huge mental issues which would take alot to overcome, no doubt he's talented tho.

Same, he has somewhat lost his way these last few years. Maybe a change of league/scenery will do him some good? Would probably still take him regardless though, he would fit in well in a midfield 3 as mentioned above. Would almost be fwap-worthy.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I wouldnt be surprised if we start trying to exploit the German market more this window. There are some quality players in that league & the league is of a very similar standard to the English league, only more technical. There are certainly some bargains to be found!

German clubs have a lot more money than French/Dutch and are probably willing to pay higher wages than we are. Sky Germany have also just signed a big TV deal for the Bundesliga rights too, so that'll be even more money trickling down.

Guest Tyson

I wouldnt be surprised if we start trying to exploit the German market more this window. There are some quality players in that league & the league is of a very similar standard to the English league, only more technical. There are certainly some bargains to be found!

German clubs have a lot more money than French/Dutch and are probably willing to pay higher wages than we are. Sky Germany have also just signed a big TV deal for the Bundesliga rights too, so that'll be even more money trickling down.

An deservedly so too, outstanding competition. When Dortmund are flying the duel at the top rivals that of Barca/Real, Juve/Milan, and the ding-dong battles in the EPL. And the top 6 supporting cast are extremely solid ie. Schalke, Stuttgart, Lever etc. Top-to-bottom, a very balanced & cuthroat league with a narrow margin for error if a club hits a period of underperformance ie. Wolfsburg winning it in 08/09, have since loitered around mid-to-low table, including a relegation near miss.

An deservedly so too, outstanding competition. When Dortmund are flying the duel at the top rivals that of Barca/Real, Juve/Milan, and the ding-dong battles in the EPL. And the top 6 supporting cast are extremely solid ie. Schalke, Stuttgart, Lever etc. Top-to-bottom, a very balanced & cuthroat league with a narrow margin for error if a club hits a period of underperformance ie. Wolfsburg winning it in 08/09, have since loitered around mid-to-low table, including a relegation near miss.

I do absolutely love it. Went to a Hertha Berlin game last year to see local lad Nikita Rukavystsya play and the matchday experience was phenominal. One Litre beer with a Cheese and bacon pretzel, sitting in an 80 000 filled Olimpiastadion. It was quite the experience.

Any Bundesliga followers know how Tranquillo Barnetta has been playing since returning from his injury? We've been linked to him in previous transfer windows and I believe he is a free agent in the Summer. What position/s does he play?

Mentioned him to a mater yesterday, wouldnt suprise me at all if we were back in for him with his contract being up.

Any Bundesliga followers know how Tranquillo Barnetta has been playing since returning from his injury? We've been linked to him in previous transfer windows and I believe he is a free agent in the Summer. What position/s does he play?

He only played the last four games from start, but from what I've read he has been their worst player every time.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Moses being Touted around

I think he has been one of the poorer decisions taken by the hierachy considering he went for about £2.5m

Value now, 10m?

I think he has been one of the poorer decisions taken by the hierachy considering he went for about £2.5m

Value now, 10m?

We were a championship side at the time. Wigan were premiership.

Value now, 10m?

We were a championship side at the time. Wigan were premiership.

If we wanted him we could have got him. Board obviously didn't pull the stops out. We're NEWCASTLE UNITED!!!!1111

Guest Roger Kint

Value now, 10m?

Didnt he turn us down?

Value now, 10m?

Didnt he turn us down?

Yeh i think he did. We were a club that was only starting to recover from turmoil. We were in massive financial trouble still... i think people forget that a little.

Guest Roger Kint

Value now, 10m?

Didnt he turn us down?

Yeh i think he did. We were a club that was only starting to recover from turmoil. We were in massive financial trouble still... i think people forget that a little.

Did he sign the January we were nailed on for promotion? Hardly think our off field issues had anything to do with him not coming here. He chose a team where he would get more playing time, nowt else imo.

Value now, 10m?

Didnt he turn us down?

Did he sign the January we were nailed on for promotion? Hardly think our off field issues had anything to do with him not coming here. He chose a team where he would get more playing time, nowt else imo.

I think everything was a factor tbh. We may have been pretty confident of getting back to the PL at the first attempt, but we weren't expected to be doing anything like what we have the past 2 years. And there was still the previous few years hanging over us. Them already being a PL club, the hype of Martinez and a positive future for Wigan etc. Not hard to see why he chose them over us.

Guest Roger Kint

At the time Wigan were in relegation trouble, only finished 6 points clear in the end. What we were expecting after promotion was irrelevant  imo, we would have fancied our chances to at least match Wigan thats for sure. Moses took a bigger gamble signing for them, if they went down he would have been knackered so ii am sure playing time was his biggest factor.......unless they offered much bigger wages that is  :undecided:

It felt like we were in pole position, and then Wigan came in at the last minute.

There was some kind of disagreement between Llambias and the agent. I suspect the agent was trying to start a salary auction between the clubs.

Tioté

Cabaye

Gourcuff

Yh i know man, i cant destroy your dreaRe: Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2012

« Reply #1634 on: Today at 10:25:52 AM »

ms  :D i am just not sure i can see him replicating that level he showed at Bordeaux.....

Plus he is dead fit.  :shifty:

Guest ThievingMagpie

You get a pittance from the Europa League so I think not much.

It's only like £7m extra just from managing to reach the final

I think with Smith's, Guthrie's, Lovenkrand's & Harpers? wages gone... thats around 90 000 pounds a week saved. Thats 4,680,000 pounds saved. With Amalfitano coming in, I would assume he would be on around 10 000 a week. So thats 4 million pounds available for wages/transfers. There is still probably a little left from the Carroll sale. Can see us spending around 10 to 12 million pounds on new players. Our policy is that the money is always available, but only if it is a viable deal that favours our club .. like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse.

Guest WashyGeordie

If were in the Europa league, how much money can people realistically see Ashley giving Carr to play with?

You get a pittance from the Europa League so I think not much.

It's only like £7m extra just from managing to reach the final

This season's (so should be similar)...

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1680100.html

"Based on gross income of €200m, the share for distribution to the clubs will amount to €150m, with €90m in fixed payments and €60m in variable amounts (market pool) which will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Europa League (group stage onwards).

Each of the 48 clubs involved in the group stage can expect to receive a participation bonus of €640,000. In addition, they will be entitled to a match bonus of €60,000 per match played in the group stage. Performance bonuses will also be paid – €140,000 for every win and €70,000 for every draw in the group stage.

Turning to the knockout stages, clubs competing in the round of 32 will receive €200,000 each, clubs in the round of 16 €300,000, the quarter-finalists €400,000 and the semi-finalists €700,000. The UEFA Europa League winners can expect to collect €3m and the runners-up €2m.

It is anticipated that a minimum amount of €1m per club will be paid out for the group stage. A club could receive, at best, €6.44m from featuring in this season's competition – not counting the market pool share."

6,440,000.00 EUR = 5,164,873.48 GBP