Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Matias Fernandez?

Injury statistics doesn't go his way I think... also still has a lot of steps to take to become the FM beast we all know.

34 matches, 7 goals 7 assists this season until he got injured again.

Kalou is actually quite a decent player. Quick, good feet, and always fairly prolific in terms of goals and assists considering his role the last few seasons. Frankly, I would be somewhat surprised if he leaves. Boas froze him out (along with a few other players who have performed decently under Matteo) but he has constantly been in and around the starting eleven under the new management and seems to be preferred to Sturridge.

Kalou is miles better than most give him credit for, especially in that winger/striker role. Ba murders him as a striker, but in that role I reckon Kalou would be the better of the two.

Kalou being first choice would improve him massively as well. Reckon arsenal will sign him, pay him a fortune and put him on the bench for the next 3 seasons.

What would people think of Håvard Nordtveit as tiotes replacement? The once Arsenal reserve captain is now at Mönchengladbach and doing extremely well according to reports playing in that defensive midfielder position. Allways was famous for beeing a ballplaying stopper he now plays a clean up guy in the german side. Everytime I've seen him for the norwegian national team I allways thought he was one of the better players. Composed, huge workrate and quite intelligent.

And I really wouldn't mind all that if Kalou became Ba's replacement. If given alot of time on the pitch he easily scores 15 goals a season. Should have more cover upfront though if we go that 4-3-3 formation.

What would people think of Håvard Nordtveit as tiotes replacement? The once Arsenal reserve captain is now at Mönchengladbach and doing extremely well according to reports playing in that defensive midfielder position. Allways was famous for beeing a ballplaying stopper he now plays a clean up guy in the german side. Everytime I've seen him for the norwegian national team I allways thought he was one of the better players. Composed, huge workrate and quite intelligent.

And I really wouldn't mind all that if Kalou became Ba's replacement. If given alot of time on the pitch he easily scores 15 goals a season. Should have more cover upfront though if we go that 4-3-3 formation.

Its  a huge downgrade from BA - Tiote to Kalou - Nordtveit tbh.

Nordtveit is good, but not Tiote. Kalou is wank imo, can get better.

Its  a huge downgrade from BA - Tiote to Kalou - Nordtveit tbh.

Nordtveit is good, but not Tiote. Kalou is w*** imo, can get better.

+1

Matias Fernandez?

:megusta:

He'd be poor in the PL like but sign him anyway.

Kalou will be a very good acquisition for someone, scores a good number of goals (often important) and can play across all the frontline. He'll probably go to Arsenal like, Wenger loves him and a positionless attacker in general.

Quite funny watching how people on here have gone from 'here nah, he'd never move' (last season) to 'wew here, he's proper gash like, not good enough' & unrealistic signing central. now.

Matias Fernandez?

Kalou will be a very good acquisition for someone, scores a good number of goals (often important) and can play across all the frontline. He'll probably go to Arsenal like, Wenger loves him and a positionless attacker in general.

Quite funny watching how people on here have gone from 'here nah, he'd never move' (last season) to 'wew here, he's proper gash like, not good enough' & unrealistic signing central. now.

:spit:

So we should say yes please to all players we are linked with, and say they are good unconditional?

Let people have their own opinion on players, and trust Carr/Pardew to have the right judgment.

Matias Fernandez?

So we should say yes please to all players we are linked with, and say they are good unconditional?

Let people have their own opinion on players, and trust Carr/Pardew to have the right judgment.

Yes, that is definitely what I posted.

Matias Fernandez?

Yes, that is definitely what I posted.

I read it like our expectations have gone through the roof during this season, and people are wanting better players than before this season started. That people who would a take a player before the season, might not want them now.

I felt it was maybe directed at my post above that "Kalou is wank". I might be wrong, if so sorry  :)

The one Chilean player I'd love to see us sign would be Mauricio Isla but Udinese will absolutely claw the eyes out of prospective buyers when they do sell him.

Absolutely. Gary Medel has looked handy when I've seen him too, wouldn't be an upgrade on Tiote by any stretch though.

Does Isla play predominantly right-back now? Can play anywhere really can't he?