Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

Guest bimpy474

Basically, there's a poster called Punk77 who thinks that it's a good idea to rest your best players against "inferior opposition".

Ah right......well thats just plain daft, thats a going to lose anyway attitude, how can you judge your teams level if its not against the best.

Villa Squad: Aston Villa: Given, Guzan, Hutton, Herd, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Delph, Petrov, Ireland, Albrighton, Bent, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso.

gulp

That Defence is nothing to write home about mind. Bent will get chances and our only hope is that he is having an off day.

If we get at them on the groun at pace aye, but all we'll do if hoof it high and long and see Dunne gobble it up.

While I'm the biggest critic of the long ball game, I could even understand it if we were doing it right. If we want to recreate last season's "success" then I guess you would use Best as Carroll's replacement, Lovenkrands as the shit striker meant to pick up on the flick ons, and Gosling to replicate Nolan's goal poaching in the box.

I'm sure Pards would love to use this model but he's been confused by our signings and is still trying to work out how to get them to fit in his big man hoofball utopia.

What I want:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Ferguson

Tiote

Gosling  Cabaye

Marveaux                            Jonas

Ba/Best

What we'll get:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Raylor

Obertan  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Ameobi  Best

Guest TheSummerOf69

Does CNZ not play left wing for the Villa like?

No, but even if he did - any manager worth his salt is going to know to put his strongest winger up against our defensive blind spot on the left.

What I want:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Ferguson

Tiote

Gosling  Cabaye

Marveaux                            Jonas

Ba/Best

What we'll get:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Raylor

Obertan  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Ameobi  Best

He won't go 4-4-2 again if his interviews since QPR are anything to go by.

Basically, there's a poster called Punk77 who thinks that it's a good idea to rest your best players against "inferior opposition".

Mangers do practice that philosophy you know, and with success..SAF and Solskjaer are good examples..

Mangers do practice that philosophy you know, and with success..SAF and Solskjaer are good examples..

1. ManU has a much bigger and quality squad.

2. QPR is no f***ing 'inferior opposition' to us. we are not world beater.

3. i never see SAF dropped Rooney in the league game when the points still matter unless he's not 100% fit(Edit: or upcoming champion league match mid week). they do rest their key players , but only when playing in the cup games, or champions league when the result doesn't matter anymore

3. i never see SAF dropped Rooney in the league game when the points still matter unless he's not 100% fit. they do rest their key players , but only when playing in the cup games, or champions league when the result doesn't matter anymore

I've seen him rest both  Rooney and Hernandez home against the WEAKEST teams. Honestly though, I was wrong about QPR, but home against the worst teams, we should have strong enough squad to rest one key plyer.

3. i never see SAF dropped Rooney in the league game when the points still matter unless he's not 100% fit. they do rest their key players , but only when playing in the cup games, or champions league when the result doesn't matter anymore

I've seen him rest both  Rooney and Hernandez home against the WEAKEST teams. Honestly though, I was wrong about QPR, but home against the worst teams, we should have strong enough squad to rest one key plyer.

just edit my post, yes he would rest them only when there's upcoming mid week champion league match

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can you not see the difference between those examples and us, like?

Villa Squad: Aston Villa: Given, Guzan, Hutton, Herd, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Delph, Petrov, Ireland, Albrighton, Bent, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso.

gulp

Oi  :angry: they are not Barca you know.

:laugh:

Oh good, we can rest Coloccini and Cabaye then.

Punk77?

Good point, well made.

Did i miss something there ?

Resting Colo is suicide. And he's not injury prone either. The man is made of steel, neither is he collecting many cards.  But using eg. Gosling in midfield instead of Tiote home against the shittest team should be an option. That would give the former valuable match time, while the latter is protected from picking up another yellow card.

Can you not see the difference between those examples and us, like?

That's why I don't want us to rotate frequently, only against the shittiest team and in cup matches.