Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

Who are "the shittiest teams"?

As the season pans our, obvious candidates for relegation will be visible. If you don't think we're capable of talking all three points at home against team like Norwich, Swansea and Wigan without Tiote, your faith in our team and manager is frightenly low..

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

As the season pans our, obvious candidates for relegation will be visible. If you don't think we're capable of talking all three points at home against team like Norwich, Swansea and Wigan without Tiote, your faith in our team and manager is frightenly low..

We have to go out to win every game with the best players available. I don't want Lovenkrands in over Ba, or Shola in over Best. I want to have my best eleven fit players on the pitch and playing.

We have to go out to win every game with the best players available. I don't want Lovenkrands in over Ba, or Shola in over Best. I want to have my best eleven fit players on the pitch and playing.

Then you have a predicament. The chances of winning home against eg. Swansea will be massively in our favor without Tiote. But if he hypothetically  is suspended the next home match against a team such as Villa because  he  accumulated five yellow cards ( and he received one of them in the previous home match against Swansea) our odds of winning that particular game could be greatly reduced.  So in our eager to secure all 6 points in those two home matches, we're fielding our strongest team against a weak opponent, and a weakened team against a strong opponent (due to Tiote's suspension). The result could of course be a victory in the first match, but a  loss in the second. Had we instead rested Tiote against Swansea, our odds would still be greatly in our favor. Then he's available against Villa, which would increase our chances of beating them  too . So by rotating him, our TOTAL odds of beating BOTH those team, is increased. This example is very hypothetical, but it rests on one simple assumption: the more you use a player, the greater the probability of injury and suspension. You could reduce this probability by resting key players in particular matches, where our chances of winning is still good.

lads is anyone aware of any pubs in the town that will be showing the game. haven't watched it in a town bar for ages and the last time i did, the telegraph had it on. any help would be much appreciated. cheers

Pretty much everywhere shows the games now mate. Although to be 100% i'd go for Tiger Tiger or the Vault. But i'm fairly sure most places are showing it.

Aye, just like we beat Blackpool, WBA, Wigan and Blackburn at home last season? Just give over man. We're no world beaters and we need our best players in every fucking match.

WBA under Hodgson is much more difficult team to be up against. And under Pards we have become better at beating those team we should beat. It was CH who was in charge home against Wigan, Burn and Bpool, if I remember correctly...

As s*** as Raylor was last game, and I would prefer Shane Ferguson given a go, as he cant be any worse. Even worse was Shola, and hopefully he is nowhere near the team. Best, Ba and Sammy should all be ahead of him. And we should play with a lone striker anyway.

Would be delighted if we pick up a point here tbh.

Aye, just like we beat Blackpool, WBA, Wigan and Blackburn at home last season? Just give over man. We're no world beaters and we need our best players in every f***ing match.

WBA under Hodgson is much more difficult team to be up against. And under Pards we have become better at beating those team we should beat. It was CH who was in charge home against Wigan, Burn and Bpool, if I remember correctly...

We've not got better at beating them by dropping our best players though, have we

Would like to see

Krul

Simpson        Taylor      Colo      Ferguson

Cabaye    Tiote

Obertan/Marveaux    Gosling        Jonas

Best/Ba