What would the majority prefer?

Guest ToonUltra
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Knowing full well I'm going to sound like a c*** here but - it's something that's not even up for discussion tbh. 

Indeed.  the proverbial no brainer.  it ought to be ironically moved to a 'gripes about the forum as I'm upset my thread has been removed' thread

I like the one thread personally. The only negative I find is having to navigate backwards through the thread to find the start of the latest topic ( the injury for example). It's a shame you can't keep one thead but find a way to link to this from main page. Maybe along side the numbers there could be a  link to first post of the day.

There is, just click on "New".

I thought new tried to take you to the point in a thread that you have read up to. I was talking about the scenario where I have not read a thread for a long time. Something significant occurs and I want to start reading from that point.  I doubt this would be possible as how would a button know where the significant new event started. 

Take the st James thread. It's interesting for a while but then turns into a bit of a yawn. Then the thread is updated to say there is a new image. Now I'm interested again. But I have to search the thread for the images.

Hope this isn't taken the wrong way.  I'm only casual browser just pointing out what can be frustrating.

I like the one thread personally. The only negative I find is having to navigate backwards through the thread to find the start of the latest topic ( the injury for example). It's a shame you can't keep one thead but find a way to link to this from main page. Maybe along side the numbers there could be a  link to first post of the day.

I thought new tried to take you to the point in a thread that you have read up to. I was talking about the scenario where I have not read a thread for a long time. Something significant occurs and I want to start reading from that point.  I doubt this would be possible as how would a button know where the significant new event started. 

Take the st James thread. It's interesting for a while but then turns into a bit of a yawn. Then the thread is updated to say there is a new image. Now I'm interested again. But I have to search the thread for the images.

Hope this isn't taken the wrong way.  I'm only casual browser just pointing out what can be frustrating.

Aye, click on "new".

Aye, click on "new".

I click on new on a thread that I have not read and it takes me to a post from Tuesday.

Aye, click on "new".

I click on new on a thread that I have not read and it takes me to a post from Tuesday.

Which is the whole point of "new", it takes you back to when the original "new post" was posted. Take today, if you clicked "new" on the Davide Santon thread having not been online at all today, it would have taken you to the "new post"/update that he had a knee injury.

Aye, click on "new".

Which is the whole point of "new", it takes you back to when the original "new post" was posted. Take today, if you clicked "new" on the Davide Santon thread having not been online at all today, it would have taken you to the "new post"/update that he had a knee injury.

I have been on line most days. Take the shame ferguson thread.  I've never read it. I click new it goes to page 16. New Posts today are on page 29.

I know what TooonDoom means but it's an issue that takes seconds to sort out man, howay. :lol: You click new, you realise you haven't read that thread in a few weeks and you have a quick click around and you're at the posts from today.  It even says Today in bold above the post.  I thought I needed my hand held. :lol:

Guest TheSummerOf69

If people are that bothered by having to scroll back to find the start of a story, maybe when a title is updated it could include a page number for when that topic began.

Just a suggestion, Ive never found it difficult to find what I want.

Second this. It's done for the match threads, and would be useful -

eg "Davide Santon sent for scan after knee injury (pg 95)"

If people are that bothered by having to scroll back to find the start of a story, maybe when a title is updated it could include a page number for when that topic began.

Just a suggestion, Ive never found it difficult to find what I want.

Second this. It's done for the match threads, and would be useful -

eg "Davide Santon sent for scan after knee injury (pg 95)"

Good idea :thup: