Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

i was really confident when the draw was made and two weeks ago when we bought our tickets but the nearer the game gets the less confident i am getting especially wiht the possibilty of the likes of Elliott, Perch, Smith etc getting a game.

how i'd go.......

elliott

r.taylor    colo    perch    santon

gosling    tiote  abeid

ben arfa    marveaux

bent.

no idea how pardew will go though.

how i'd go.......

elliott

gosling    tiote  abeid

ben arfa    marveaux

bent.

Tiote injured though bro - and assuming Bent is a typo/joke...

how i'd go.......

elliott

gosling    tiote  abeid

ben arfa    marveaux

bent.

typo and is tiote injured, never heard.

how i'd go.......

elliott

gosling    tiote  abeid

ben arfa    marveaux

bent.

typo and is tiote injured, never heard.

Other than that a fookin cracking line up

from .COM

Squad: Shola Ameobi is out with a hamstring pull while Cheick Tiote won't travel after suffering a knee injury against Wigan. Steven Taylor looks like missing out following the broken nose sustained on Saturday.

:kasper:

How's life in the dyson?

with tiote out i'd run the risk of gosling-guthrie-abeid in the middle. jonas and ferguson available from the bench to go to a 4 or 5. really want to give cabaye a rest. quite worried about him burning out.

Sick to the back teeth of the same s*** with both cups every year "we've got no chance so don't bother trying"

Did you completely miss Birmingham winning it last year? Spurs about four years ago when they weren't particularly good? Did you fall asleep when Stoke, Portsmouth (x2), Everton, Cardiff, West Ham, Millwall and Southampton were playing in FA Cup finals in the last ten years? Alright, only one winner there but they still got through to within a single 90 minute contest of winning a major trophy where anything can happen on the day. That's without even mentioning qualifying for Europe.

It's a ridiculous attitude and sometimes I wonder if the club has the same one - in my lifetime we have never played in a League Cup semi final and you only have to win four games to get there! It's a p*ss poor record and I hope we put out a strong side with the intention of winning the game, not full strength but not second string. We don't play until Monday so there's no excuse really, and I do think we will put a decent side out.

:thup:

I'm with you there.

Sick to the back teeth of the same s*** with both cups every year "we've got no chance so don't bother trying"

Did you completely miss Birmingham winning it last year? Spurs about four years ago when they weren't particularly good? Did you fall asleep when Stoke, Portsmouth (x2), Everton, Cardiff, West Ham, Millwall and Southampton were playing in FA Cup finals in the last ten years? Alright, only one winner there but they still got through to within a single 90 minute contest of winning a major trophy where anything can happen on the day. That's without even mentioning qualifying for Europe.

It's a ridiculous attitude and sometimes I wonder if the club has the same one - in my lifetime we have never played in a League Cup semi final and you only have to win four games to get there! It's a p*ss poor record and I hope we put out a strong side with the intention of winning the game, not full strength but not second string. We don't play until Monday so there's no excuse really, and I do think we will put a decent side out.

:thup:

I'm with you there.

Me too. Its about time we won something and this is winnable in my opinion.

In light of current injuries maybe go with:

Krul

Santon    Taylor?/Kadar  Colo      Raylor

Marveaux  Guthrie      Mehdi    Jonas

Ben Arfa     

Ba

Subs: Elliott, Kadar/Perch, Ferguson, Gosling, Obertan, Sammy, Best.

Bring Sammy on for Jonas or Ben Arfa at some point and Best on for Ba (Who detroyed Blackburn a few weeks ago) once. Would also be nice to see Ferguson given a run out too. Raylor tends to do well in the cups though and i fancy him to score again tonight.  I'm hoping tonight will be the Ben Arfa show.

That Samba is a huge threat from set plays and if we have no s. Taylor, No ameobi and no Ba i'm not sure who is going to mark him. Colo is great on the deck but not so much in the air against the bigger forwards & defenders.  We really need more CB's in Jan.

What worries me about this game is that Kean is under immense pressure and for that reason he'll probably go with a strong starting 11 knowing that every defeat brings him closer to the edge. With Tiote out and Cabaye likely to be rested we are likely to struggle in center midfield where most games are won really. Hopefully the replacements have a good game allowing Marveaux and Ben Arfa to be creative. Lovenkrands goal rate is impressive but he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting eleven in any competition. Would also like to see Santon get a start. If Smith starts we will lose. Simple as.

Basically, as long as Smith don't play, I'll be happy. Don't think that we'll put out too bad a team (the likes of Marveux, Santon and Ben Arfa all playing sees to that), but if that waste of space, shit excuse for a footballer plays and we go out, there's no excuse. None.