Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

Guest SuperShola!

In pub with man utd fans, similar.to ours tbh,quality away support. Wir man utd, will do what we want!

What?!

Must be cunt drunk.

Definitely no need to play Cabaye, Jonas, Coloccini or Tiote. Give them all a rest as I don't think this cup can be a priority. It's maybe the shortest way to Europe but not really worth it as the price money isn't that good and it only leads to Europa League qualification!

I'd like to see Marveaux, Vuckic, Santon, Abeid, Ranger and Ferguson all given a game tomorrow

Definitely no need to play Cabaye, Jonas, Coloccini or Tiote. Give them all a rest as I don't think this cup can be a priority. It's maybe the shortest way to Europe but not really worth it as the price money isn't that good and it only leads to Europa League qualification!

I'd like to see Marveaux, Vuckic, Santon, Abeid, Ranger and Ferguson all given a game tomorrow

So you wouldn't want to see us win a trophy and you wouldn't want to see us guaranteed European football by February/March? Howay..

COVERAGE OF BLACKBURN CUP GAME

UK TV - None. Highlights show on BBC1 at 11:20pm on Wednesday

Overseas TV - None

Local Radio - BBC Radio Newcastle, BBC Radio Lancashire

National Radio - None

Online Radio Coverage - NUFC.co.uk (yes you have to pay)

:dowie:

Yeah might as well just hold out for that fourth champions league spot instead :crazy2:

Like we really could challenge for the cup title! It's dead certain that we'll get Chelsea, Arsenal or either Manchester team at away at some point! These cups are like the perfect chance to throw in our youngsters especially the Carling cup.

For f***'s sake man, we haven't won anything since 1969. :lol:

Judging by the reaction to this competition from fans and managers in the past, it's not surprising :lol:

We've become trophy snobs!

Like we really could challenge for the cup title! It's dead certain that we'll get Chelsea, Arsenal or either Manchester team at away at some point! These cups are like the perfect chance to throw in our youngsters especially the Carling cup.

we're capable of beating any of them

it's almost as if it's because we haven't anything for so long it just doesnt matter to some people. it's the status quo so they have no issues with it continuing.

Since 2000 Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Leicester, Blackburn and Spurs have all won the FA or League cup and Stoke, Everton, Cardiff, Millwall, Southampton, Villa, Wigan, Bolton and Tranmere have all reached the final of one of the competitions.

Hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

Since 2000 Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Leicester, Blackburn and Spurs have all won the FA or League cup and Stoke, Everton, Cardiff, Millwall, Southampton, Villa, Wigan, Bolton and Tranmere have all reached the final of one of the competitions.

Hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

And since 2000 we've apparently always had something more important going on to even bother.  No excuses this season in my opinion.

Sick to the back teeth of the same shit with both cups every year "we've got no chance so don't bother trying"

Did you completely miss Birmingham winning it last year? Spurs about four years ago when they weren't particularly good? Did you fall asleep when Stoke, Portsmouth (x2), Everton, Cardiff, West Ham, Millwall and Southampton were playing in FA Cup finals in the last ten years? Alright, only one winner there but they still got through to within a single 90 minute contest of winning a major trophy where anything can happen on the day. That's without even mentioning qualifying for Europe.

It's a ridiculous attitude and sometimes I wonder if the club has the same one - in my lifetime we have never played in a League Cup semi final and you only have to win four games to get there! It's a piss poor record and I hope we put out a strong side with the intention of winning the game, not full strength but not second string. We don't play until Monday so there's no excuse really, and I do think we will put a decent side out.

Certainly some players are risking burn out at some point and it makes sense to give them a break when possible, particularly Cabaye for example seeing as he's arguably our most key player, irreplaceable and has to keep fucking off to play for France twice a bastard month.

Certainly some players are risking burn out at some point and it makes sense to give them a break when possible, particularly Cabaye for example seeing as he's arguably our most key player, irreplaceable and has to keep fucking off to play for France twice a bastard month.

It almost makes you yearn for the days when we couldn't attract/afford international class players. At least we didn't have to worry about their legs falling off while on international duty.

Newcastle winning a trophy is unthinkable and truly beyond the realms of possibility!, I can just imagine the mass jizz explosion in wembley when Newcastle lift a trophy and 40odd thousand toons fans go mental, London will have seen nor heard nothing like it ha