Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest firetotheworks

:spit: So you saw through it at exactly the same time as everybody else did then. f***ing hell.

Theres still 50 000 knsckers there even now

Ah okay, so now it's no longer "seeing through him" but "owning a season ticket". Righto.

:spit: So you saw through it at exactly the same time as everybody else did then. f***ing hell.

I refer you to my previous answer [emoji854]

I've seen it, it's utter bollocks. I can't believe anyone would try and claim they were ahead of the curve and cite Keegan resigning as the moment. [emoji38]

'I knew that Al Qaeda were trouble, I tried to tell you all!'

'When did you realise?'

'9/11'

:lol:

I've seen it, it's utter bollocks. I can't believe anyone would try and claim they were ahead of the curve and cite Keegan resigning as the moment. [emoji38]

'When did you realise?'

'9/11'

:lol: :lol:

Who is NE5?

Relentlessly petty, bitter, tiresome, repetitive, and antagonistic poster, and that's coming from me. Probably the least contributive poster this board has ever had.

Still whinges about it on Twitter despite being banned years and years ago. The whole I told you so thing pretty much sums him up. A gigantic bag of wet hair.

'When did you realise?'

'9/11'

The little waster is a football Oracle.

When Ashley first took over (way before Keegangate) I recall about four or five members who saw through Ashley and were laughed off this forum, for our pro-FS/anti-Ashley positions ...... They were NE5, Howaythelads, myself (old account/The Shaman) and a couple of others. Purely based on his early business dealings I called him out as being a "razor cutting rat".

Not claiming the higher ground, or the mystic Meg position. Have to admit though, in hindsight, Ashley played a PR blinder, pulled out his A Game at the time before his conartist standard of ethics began to shine through ie. drinking piss with the match going supporters, wanting to be one of the lads in terraces.

I thought Mike Ashley was great when he took over but then again, I didn't have a clue what he was about. I let him away with two or three poor decisions, before realising he wasn't going to change.

When Ashley first took over (way before Keegangate) I recall about four or five members who saw through Ashley and were laughed off this forum, for our pro-FS/anti-Ashley positions ...... They were NE5, Howaythelads, myself (old account/The Shaman) and a couple of others. Purely based on his early business dealings I called him out as being a "razor cutting rat".

Not claiming the higher ground, or the mystic Meg position. Have to admit though, in hindsight, Ashley played a PR blinder, pulled out his A Game at the time before his conartist standard of ethics began to shine through ie. drinking p*ss with the match going supporters, wanting to be one of the lads in terraces.

Should have kept your original username with this insight.

I do t really think you can claim to know the extent of his non ambition that early on.

Exactly. We were scraping the barrel for free/low fee transfers with Fat Sham before he took over and he spent some money and generally bought someone for every position we needed. Then he sacked Fat Sham and brought back Keegan. How anyone could 'see through him' at that stage is beyond me considering he had brought instant improvement in his first year in charge.

Guest The Little Waster

Lol you hate the fact he was right ? The butthurt is strong with some of you . Fred v Ashley . Want to try answering the question ? ?

Guest The Little Waster

I do t really think you can claim to know the extent of his non ambition that early on.

Exactly. We were scraping the barrel for free/low fee transfers with Fat Sham before he took over and he spent some money and generally bought someone for every position we needed. Then he sacked Fat Sham and brought back Keegan. How anyone could 'see through him' at that stage is beyond me considering he had brought instant improvement in his first year in charge.

It wasn't a flash of genius . Just a moment of clarity.

Easy to forget that the 12 months before he left were a shambles. Roeder appointed on the cheap, we got Duff because he refused to sign for rivals Spurs and was so cheap (£5m), Martins was a desperation signing (first choices going elsewhere like Kuyt, Shearer retiring, Owen getting a long-term injury in the World Cup). Then we had the likes of Rossi for 5 months, Sibierski, Srnicek, Onyewu on loan, Bernard back ffs. We narrowly avoided relegation just before he had to sell up, and financially we were fucked. Anyone doing due-dilligence wouldn't touch us and it took an idiot to take it on. If you extended the Ashley reign 12 months earlier, you'd not have noticed any difference.

Guest The Little Waster

Fred every time despite his tunnel vision regarding trophy signings and the idiocy of getting Souness in . Perhaps just perhaps he wouldve learned from his mistakes and the still ever increasing tv money wouldve helped

Fred every time despite his tunnel vision regarding trophy signings and the idiocy of getting Souness in . Perhaps just perhaps he wouldve learned from his mistakes and the still ever increasing tv money wouldve helped

Give ower, really?

Guest firetotheworks

Everyone would have Shepherd in this bizarre universe you've created where there's only a choice between the two.

Like MD said though, it would be because he'd sell. In terms of running the club, it's like asking what you'd rather die of and is a completely pointless question. I'd rather the club didn't exist at all so we could start again, than for Ashley to be in charge, so not being Ashley isn't an endorsement of anyone.

Didn't Shepherd have ten years to learn from his mistakes? And he could've still managed it?

Why are you writing Ashley off so soon? He's also had only ten years.

#wait