Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Mr mojo....to recap..

For example, year 1, lose 10mill

Year 2 lose 10mill

Year 3 lose 10mill

Year 4 profit 5mill

Year 5 why haven't we spent that 5mill ?

cheers teach :lol:

wasn't one of the published aims to get the club breaking even?  it's very clear what you're getting at but what it implies is that the club can/should only outlay a net financial loss on transfer fees once (a) MA has recouped all the money he's spent over and above the purchase price and (b) there is little or no chance that the club will once again make a loss in any future season within a reasonable time frame

that's not living in the real world man

Mr mojo....to recap..

For example, year 1, lose 10mill

Year 2 lose 10mill

Year 3 lose 10mill

Year 4 profit 5mill

Year 5 why haven't we spent that 5mill ?

cheers teach :lol:

wasn't one of the published aims to get the club breaking even?  it's very clear what you're getting at but what it implies is that the club can/should only outlay a net financial loss on transfer fees once (a) MA has recouped all the money he's spent over and above the purchase price and (b) there is little or no chance that the club will once again make a loss in any future season within a reasonable time frame

that's not living in the real world man

You have to remember that MA is a business man, and business men don't look at 12 month periods.

If we've made losses in 5 successive years, one year with a windfall won't automatically mean that we're now breaking even or making profits, it simply means we got 'lucky'one year with a windfall.

This money may go back to MA, it may go on infrastructure such as the training ground or support staff, it may go to rewarding our better performes with a better contract, it may go on new players or it may sit in a bank waiting for the right time to spend it / defend against a bad year.

I'm pretty sure that once we are breaking even before player trading/ammortisation then all recouped fees will go back into the squad over time, but anyone thinking the £35m + 5m + 6m received for AC, KN and JE would go into the first team this year is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I'm pretty sure that once we are breaking even before player trading/ammortisation then all recouped fees will go back into the squad over time, but anyone thinking the £35m + 5m + 6m received for AC, KN and JE would go into the first team this year is living in cloud cuckoo land.

always comes down to this in the end doesn't it, all or nothing?

as i said earlier on for me loosening the purse strings could mean spending 2m net in january to strengthen the squad to push on into europe this season (i.e. pay a fee for someone coming out of contract or whatever instead of waiting 'til July)

i don't see that's living in cloud cuckoo land at all, as you said yourself businessmen should be looking beyond 12 month periods so to use madras's figures from the 5m "profit" you could invest 1m in new players on the assumption that recouping your monies can be a gradual process that goes hand in hand with team building and success on the pitch - 4m paid off against the losses with modest investment might see you make 10m "profit" the following season partially as a result of the 1m spent

always comes down to this in the end doesn't it, all or nothing?

as i said earlier on for me loosening the purse strings could mean spending 2m net in january to strengthen the squad to push on into europe this season (i.e. pay a fee for someone coming out of contract or whatever instead of waiting 'til July)

i don't see that's living in cloud cuckoo land at all, as you said yourself businessmen should be looking beyond 12 month periods so to use madras's figures from the 5m "profit" you could invest 1m in new players on the assumption that recouping your monies can be a gradual process that goes hand in hand with team building and success on the pitch - 4m paid off against the losses with modest investment might see you make 10m "profit" the following season partially as a result of the 1m spent

Sorry should have been an 'all' in there

I bet this cunt had no mates at school, was ripped to pieces and it was then that he decided to become a control freak. Why bring such a shit feeling to the club when we're having the best run in years. This four week delay until our next game is cowardly and weak, but so predictable.

I bet this cunt had no mates at school, was ripped to pieces and it was then that he decided to become a control freak. Why bring such a shit feeling to the club when we're having the best run in years. This four week delay until our next game is cowardly and weak, but so predictable.

thought you were on about CT at first :lol:

I bet this c*** had no mates at school, was ripped to pieces and it was then that he decided to become a control freak. Why bring such a s*** feeling to the club when we're having the best run in years. This four week delay until our next game is cowardly and weak, but so predictable.

thought you were on about CT at first :lol:

I kind of realised that just after I'd posted it but was happy to leave the momentary confusion

Guest ToonUltra

My opinions are slowly changing in some respects. I thought he was taking us for a ride and intended on selling up. Now, im not so sure he is.

Judging by the premier league standards now, we will be - if he stays put, in one of the best positions finacially for a club outside of a european competition in the next few seasons, maybe even before then. I totally agree with the way he is controlling the club financially but at first i didnt trust him at all. Now however, i think im starting to.

His way of communication is pathetic, the way he is using SJP as a hoarding for SD is crucifying to see and his inability to delve deep into his billionaire coffers is ridiculous but in the same sentance his buying power for quality players means he doesnt have to spend big. If it wasn't for him I do believe we'd be bordering on f***ed! (from a financial point of view). We will be the blue-print for the premier league, an example that other clubs will eventually have to follow if new restrictions come in. We will already be in place and operating.

How Citeh manage to spend more than they turnover considering no other business would be allowed to do this without the capital is crucial to how the premier league will eventually become...in fact that applies to nearly every club in the top flight. They got the £400m stadium sponsorship, the owner of Etihad just happens to be the brother of Shiek....funny how the footballing world works. Tell me how Shiek will ever sell Citeh? It's an impossibility unless some other oil tycoon is willing to buy him out. (Maybe his son). The FA overlooked the Etihad as a genuine sponsorship turning a blind eye to the teams that rake them in a vast fortune but punish the teams who slope into debt or administration for no fault of their own, simply a down turn in supporters being outpriced or fixtures being televised on Murdocks enterprise. This in turn meaning people go down their local to watch the games as opposed to funding the club. The FA also rakes in a vault full of money from these TV deals.

Thats why im slowly turning to the point where I can say Ashley is developing us as a 'Club', no longer a debt ridden business which will be self sufficient, providing no relegations in the near future. He has to keep hold of what matters though to make this work. The players, and most importantly the fans who pay our money to support his project.

Long may it continue.

I take this post back....

TOWTAWL FACKING CACKNEY SCAM

I don't think everything Ashley has done is wrong, it's just that he's primarily a "stack em high, sell em cheap" tacky businessman and will apply those principles to whatever he does.

The renaming thing is for me the worst thing he's done so far - I generally agree with his principles on how the club should be run but some things should be mor important than finance. Obviously he won't understand that, that's the issue.

I remember reading an article that the fat c*** used to buy KFC or something then say something like:

'Here mate, do you want some KFC Chicken?'

'Yeah, i do. Thanks, you're a real pal.'

Then after his friend ate it...

'Okay so thats £1 for the chicken'.

Tight c***

Far worse than Shepherd, would take Fat Fred back in a heartbeat.

jesus christ, 3rd in the fucking league :lol:

Season finished now like?  That position was based on positivity which has now gone as far as I can see.

I'd rather Mike took his loan back and fucked off, accept whatever league that might leave us and at least be able to have some pride in the club.