Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I reckon NUFC will certainly be posting a profit of £45million+ when the accounts are due in March. He is scheduled to take back £18million sometime soon though, am sure.

I think we could quite conceivably give him his £18m and still post profits north of £30m. They'll be lost somewhere by being accounted for in wages over the duration of contracts or something. There's no way he'll post substantial operating profits, creative accountancy at its best.

What's to stop Ashley just taking money out of the club anyway and not repaying the debt at all while he's here? We'd go crazy but he could just do it anyway and not give a fuck couldn't he?

If we make profit he can pay himself dividends, aye. But they're taxable so it might be more efficient for him to move money back to his holding company in the form of debt repayments. The amounts involved probably don't make any difference to him anyway, except as a point of principal.

I don't think he has, the test will come now when we're looking at 2 years of decent profit. And then the debate about what level of debt repayment is OK... I'll be on holiday for that.

:lol:

It's fucking unfathomable people still take this stance. This will be the fourth year of "decent profit". Nothing will happen, except the club continuing to be shafted into oblivion.

Eh? We were talking specifically about debt repayment. I'm well aware the club will continue to be exploited as it always has been.

Guest Roger Kint

I reckon NUFC will certainly be posting a profit of £45million+ when the accounts are due in March. He is scheduled to take back £18million sometime soon though, am sure.

I think we could quite conceivably give him his £18m and still post profits north of £30m. They'll be lost somewhere by being accounted for in wages over the duration of contracts or something. There's no way he'll post substantial operating profits, creative accountancy at its best.

That fan forum bollocks stated he hadnt took the £18m as of the accounting year end(30 June)

Considering we spent nowt til after that its going to be a daft profit/bank balance in the accounts.

I don't think he has, the test will come now when we're looking at 2 years of decent profit. And then the debate about what level of debt repayment is OK... I'll be on holiday for that.

It's f***ing unfathomable people still take this stance. This will be the fourth year of "decent profit". Nothing will happen, except the club continuing to be shafted into oblivion.

Eh? We were talking specifically about debt repayment. I'm well aware the club will continue to be exploited as it always has been.

Fair enough. Again though, debt repayment means nothing to the club, as no interest is paid on the debt, any debt will be offset in his asking price and he's using the interest free element as an excuse to not pay anything for his SD advertising, which is at a great cost in the commercial revenue department. To me, debt repayment is only acceptable if it is accompanied with SD paying a fair price for its advertising at SJP.

It's f***ing unfathomable people still take this stance. This will be the fourth year of "decent profit". Nothing will happen, except the club continuing to be shafted into oblivion.

Fair enough. Again though, debt repayment means nothing to the club, as no interest is paid on the debt, any debt will be offset in his asking price and he's using the interest free element as an excuse to not pay anything for his SD advertising, which is at a great cost in the commercial revenue department. To me, debt repayment is only acceptable if it is accompanied with SD paying a fair price for its advertising at SJP.

:thup: don't believe he's that bothered about the debt. He uses it as a leverage.

• 2 weeks later...

Imaigine his involvement in Rangers somehow gets overturned and we are stuck with him (if there is any truth in the theory that he may sell up when he fully takes over Rangers). Does the English FA not have a similar rule that he might also be in breach of? Probably not as there are precedents like Watford, but still...