Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I wish he'd shut the fuck up about 'critics of Mike Ashley's Newcastle regime'. Who are they addressing exactly? Every time there is some news he's there banging the same drum over and over, it's tiresome. The proof is in the pudding, no fucker was moaning when we were finishing 5th you knobhead. Have some dignity.

I acknowledge the irony of this post btw.

Can't wait for,

"We accept that our sponsorship deal with Wonga is controversial, but without it, we'd never have been able to broker a new contract for Danny Simpson."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8154563/

Derek Llambias says critics of Mike Ashley's Newcastle regime "don't understand" how much has been achieved during his time at the club.

A four-year shirt sponsorship deal with loan company Wonga is the latest Ashley initiative to rile supporters who have long been opposed to the sportswear tycoon's five-year-old ownership.

Tension remains between terrace and boardroom despite success on the pitch under Alan Pardew, who was initially dismissed as a 'yes man' for the regime when he replaced the popular Chris Hughton.

Pardew recently committed to the club for eight years and Llambias reckons that deal - and Wonga's commitment to fund an Academy which is now all-but guaranteed Category One status - represents a huge fortnight's work.

He told the Journal: "We've been plugging away, slowly. You don't understand what we've done - we've done a good job. We've been realistic about what this club can do and what it can do in the future.

"Financially we are stable and we will get stronger and stronger. Financially we don't take anything out of the club, remember that. We don't charge the club any interest on the loans - we're not interested in that.

"What we want to do is bring something to the club and eventually, with eight years' stability, hopefully we'll do that. It's been a big fortnight - a very big fortnight. It's all about the season for us now."

He still is, isn't he?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8154563/

Derek Llambias says critics of Mike Ashley's Newcastle regime "don't understand" how much has been achieved during his time at the club.

A four-year shirt sponsorship deal with loan company Wonga is the latest Ashley initiative to rile supporters who have long been opposed to the sportswear tycoon's five-year-old ownership.

Tension remains between terrace and boardroom despite success on the pitch under Alan Pardew, who was initially dismissed as a 'yes man' for the regime when he replaced the popular Chris Hughton.

Pardew recently committed to the club for eight years and Llambias reckons that deal - and Wonga's commitment to fund an Academy which is now all-but guaranteed Category One status - represents a huge fortnight's work.

He told the Journal: "We've been plugging away, slowly. You don't understand what we've done - we've done a good job. We've been realistic about what this club can do and what it can do in the future.

"Financially we are stable and we will get stronger and stronger. Financially we don't take anything out of the club, remember that. We don't charge the club any interest on the loans - we're not interested in that.

"What we want to do is bring something to the club and eventually, with eight years' stability, hopefully we'll do that. It's been a big fortnight - a very big fortnight. It's all about the season for us now."

He still is, isn't he?

I shouldn't have thought so. Never was.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hate the word 'chav'. It's charva/er man.

Chav is a southern thing and chavs are usually aspirational. For example Jordan is a chav. Charvers are not aspirational or upwardly mobile, they are basically dole wallers and low life scum, from kids to their parents.

Chav is a southern thing and chavs are usually aspirational. For example Jordan is a chav. Charvers are not aspirational or upwardly mobile, they are basically dole wallers and low life scum, from kids to their parents.

How dare you. You don't even know me.

I thought he had actually insulted you directly for a moment there. :lol:

I thought he had actually insulted you directly for a moment there. :lol:

:lol:

Guest magpie99

I am a glass half full bloke and with regard to the state of the club from the time Ashley took pver until now, I dont thonk there is any doubt that since relegation, he has started to put this club back on its feet.

People need to remember that since relegation just over 3 years ago, we were heading into the abyss created by huge finamcial mis-management by the previous regime and initially, by Ashley himself. If we had not achieved promotion at the first time of asking, god knows where we wou;d be now.

If you look at our current situation, we are probably one of, if not, the most financially stable club in the premiership and whilst MA has taken on the debt factor interest free, we still need to be financially frugal.

DL recent comments about so called "colourful" players is not really too disasterous as some people might think.The fact that the club is following the Arsenal model by grooming their own players should see the club rewarded in the future unmder the fair play rules. If you take out Harper and Shola, we hav e possibly the youngest squad of players in the PL and whilst it remains to be seen how many of our younger players make it in the big time, I can see the likes of Bigi, Ferguson, Tavernier, Vuckic (when fit) and Sammi getting into the team on a regular basis in a year or two. Yes, the club will sell stars like Tiote, who will ultimately be replace by Bigi in the future. Hopefully, Carr continues the magic in the recruitment department.

I also see the club signing the odd blue chip player to support the flow through of youngsters from the system.

Whilst I dont see us becoming CL challengers in the near future, I am certain that within the next few years, NUFC will be a shining light in the PL.

• 1 month later...

Hes been getting a little bit of stick in the press for the complete lack of transfer dealings (as much as they ever dare criticize the NUFC board anyway).

But strangely, as posters rush to slaughter Pardew, he seems to have completely escaped any stick on this site. Its quite a change from just a year ago. Perhaps people just don't see the point anymore.

The first time he hung Pardew out to dry in the transfer market was selling Carroll. Looks a stroke of genius now, but only because Pardew coped admirably with probably our worst forward line in more than 20 years. It didn't look too clever at 4-0 down to Arsenal.

The second time Pardew was shafted over transfers was when he promised everyone that he would get a full back and a striker "over the line" and they never materialised, meaning we still hadnt properly replaced Carroll despite having 9 months to do so, (or so it seemed at the time) and we also had the apparent nightmare of Taylor at full back to contend with. Pardew actually managed to excel in these circumstances.

This summer it was a right back, centre back who is a threat at set pieces, and a possible punt on Andy Carroll that Pardew wanted. He didn't get them and this time he has been completely unable to handle it.

If we'd got 2 of those three I think we'd be in a much better state. He would probably still have to deal with the catastrophic loss of form and fitness in the middle of the pitch, but I think we would probably have enough elsewhere to be ok.

As it is, the only thing we did was replace Guthrie with Anita, at the moment this looks the closest thing I can think of to replacing Aaron Hughes with Boumsong (the sort of thing we just don't do anymore).

I suppose you would still have to say that we've had 2 good windows under Ashley, but the last one was disastrous.

I don't see why he is suddenly immune from criticism on here. Perhaps if he realises he cannot consistently ignore his manager then maybe this spell will do us some good in the long run. At the least I hope it makes him realise that we cannot persist with Mike Williamson at centre back (with Taylor's injury it looks like hes going to clock up 100 appearances for us)

this fat guy better buck up his ideas.

if he wants to operate on a shoe-string , he better choose the right man next time who can handle the job title,  because right now Pardew is looking more and more out of his depth each day.

Don't think the club is ran badly financially and recruitment wise.  But coaching staff side may need a refresh of personnels.

He's simply not the biggest problem right now, he's supplied good players but our manager is not adapting and is making mistakes every week. He should get stick for the summer, we could have done with at least another 2 in, but who's to say they'd have even been used properly? How exactly would Pards have played Debuchy for example?