Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Apart from Santon it's fine.

I know Coloccini is a good defender (somthing i said when you first signed him AND during his poor performances when countless people on here had written him off btw) but he's not better than King imo. Yes King has a poor injury record but even this season we've conceded 2 goals in 4 games and won 4 on the trot since he's come back and he's been putting in great perofmances.

Ledley doen't rely on fouling players to get the ball off them (not saying Coloccini does btw) Thierry Henry himself said King is the best cb he's ever played against in this league as he could get the ball off him without fouling.

Since 1998 when King first came into the team he's been yellow carded 7 times and never sent off. 7 yellow cards in 13 years for a centre back is astonishing.

Colo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>King

If Lennon plays what's their likely team?

Walker.......Kaboul.......King.......Ekotto

Lennon......Modric......Sandro.....Bale

...........................VDV.......................

.......................Abebayor.................

If so, that looks a pretty useful line up to me.

I don't rate Ekotto much though tbh. Actually, i think he can be distinctly average.

Walker might also not be the best at defending.

Otherwise on paper they probs have the better team if we're honest.

Of course they do, we're punching above our weight at the moment and whilst anybody can beat anybody on the day, man for man they are better than us.

Friedel vs Krul (yes, the former is over the f***ing top)

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

Hard to judge HBA vs VdV and Marveaux vs Lennon yet, due to game time, and not counting previous clubs.

WOW at some of your choices.

I suppose you'd have every Spurs player as the best :lol:

The guy doesn't want to compare Marveaux and Ben arfa with VDV and Lennon because of game time yet he pick Santon over Ekotto who's been consistantly one of our best players for a few seasons now. Yes makes sense.

That's the only one that doesn't make sense, certainly can't pick Santon ahead when he hasn't played, I'd be interested to see your team.

Guest kingdawson

Aye but even if you wouldn't have Colo over King, he's head and shoulders above Kaboul so he'd still walk into your team.

I agree with that. There are a few problems when picking the best team though imo. I'm a massivee Sandro fan but i also think Tiote is great so i can see both sides of the argument. I can also see why Krul is being picked over Friedel but then i can see why i'd want Friedel over Krul. I think Ben Arfa is Brilliant so even though i'd have Lennon over Marvaeux, i'd have Ben Arfa over Lennon so it's hard man. The one i actually can't pick is Krul and Friedel and i'm being totally honest...the rest if i'm pushed..

---------------------------------Krul/Friedel-------------------------------------

Walker-----------------Coloccini-----------------King-----------------------ekotto

--------------------------------Tiote--------Modric-------------------------------

--------------Ben Arfa---------------VDV---------------------------Bale------------

------------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------------

Guest kingdawson

Who gives a s***, really.

other then the 6 or so people who are having the discussion about it maybe no one? 2 more people not involved in the discussion? 42 people from GG? A few Luton fans?

It's impossible to answer that question.

---------------------------------Krul/Friedel-------------------------------------

Walker-----------------Coloccini-----------------King-----------------------ekotto

--------------------------------Tiote--------Modric-------------------------------

--------------Ben Arfa---------------VDV---------------------------Bale------------

------------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------------

This is pretty fair tbh, other than the fact that Krul is much better than Friedel.

In all honesty only Krul and Colo would get in their team.

Our midfield is looking class but the majority still haven't played in England long enough, where as those cunts have the best midfield in the league.

Scott Parker gets in their midfield so I disagree with none of our players getting in it.

In all honesty only Krul and Colo would get in their team.

Our midfield is looking class but the majority still haven't played in England long enough, where as those c***s have the best midfield in the league.

Scott Parker gets in their midfield so I disagree.

Aye, I'd favor Tiote over Parker like

Aye but even if you wouldn't have Colo over King, he's head and shoulders above Kaboul so he'd still walk into your team.

I agree with that. There are a few problems when picking the best team though imo. I'm a massivee Sandro fan but i also think Tiote is great so i can see both sides of the argument. I can also see why Krul is being picked over Friedel but then i can see why i'd want Friedel over Krul. I think Ben Arfa is Brilliant so even though i'd have Lennon over Marvaeux, i'd have Ben Arfa over Lennon so it's hard man. The one i actually can't pick is Krul and Friedel and i'm being totally honest...the rest if i'm pushed..

Fair enough, I'd probably go with something similar.

Krul          >        Friedel

Raylor      <        Walker

Colo        >        King

Saylor      >        Kaboul

Santon    >        Ekotto

Marveaux  -        Lennon

Cabaye      -        Modric

Tiote        >        Sandro

Jonas      <        Bale

Ben Arfa  -        VdV

Ba            -        Adebeyor

5-2 to us.  Spurs are in big trouble next sunday!  I can see a bit of a humping on the cards!  Plus they are bottlers, and they never turn up at SJP.  ;D

Only thing that will save spurs is if Pardew has another moment of retardation and plays Lovenkrands or Ameobi instead of Ben Arfa or Marveaux.

Wait, Cashley is a spudz fan?  Oh noes!  Pardew will be forced to play a shite team!!!!  :frantic:

Guest mimifrench

How is doing Bale for Tottenham ?

He was rewarded with the best player of the PL trophee last season, right ?

Fucking hell, their team is better than ours on paper get a grip of yourselves ffs. I'm in agreement with kingdawson on all points bar the GK one because Friedel is crap and Krul has been class this season.

For the rest possibly only Tiote, HBA and Colo would 'fit' into their team.

Cabaye  Tiote

HBA

Ba

vs

Modric  Sandro

VdV

Adebayor

Howay man, there's no doubt at all. Spurs all day.

Jonas      <        Bale

Ben Arfa  -        VdV

5-2 to us.  Spurs are in big trouble next sunday!  I can see a bit of a humping on the cards!  Plus they are bottlers, and they never turn up at SJP.  ;D

Only thing that will save spurs is if Pardew has another moment of retardation and plays Lovenkrands or Ameobi instead of Ben Arfa or Marveaux.

Wait, Cashley is a spudz fan?  Oh noes!  Pardew will be forced to play a shite team!!!!  :frantic:

Serious or not, you should seek help.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Jonas      <        Bale

Ben Arfa  -        VdV

Cabaye is not as good as Modric, as much as I love him.