Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Interesting to see how Ben-Arfa does for the reserves tonight. Shame its away.

Did I miss something?  Didn't think he was in the ressies squad, or is this a  :troll: post

Strong team out according to journos.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9285817.Ben_Arfa_gets_a_run_out_for_reserve_side/

Ta mate.  Good news he is getting some more game time, just not sure how he will react dropping down to that level, can see him being a bit sulky TBH  :hmm: probably be fine though and I'm just being paranoid as per usual.  Hat trick please Mr. Ben Arfa  :D

Shola expected to play  :( hoping he was still out TBH.

Don't see any reason he would sulk, it's just part of his recovery.

Just get the impression he might think it's beneath him and he should be back in the first team already.  Not sure what I'm basing this on TBH, I sound like Colocho  :lol:

:lol: you should probably see someone about that.

I think both teams will be looking for a win but both will be happy to share the points this time round. Which is ok as I am expecting a draw.

I love it when a plan comes together.

:lol:

I'm sure 'arry and Pards will be taking notes this very minute.

I'm hoping this Loven substitution against wolves was a product of wanting to close the game out and nothing more. If Pardew rates him over ben arfa or marveaux he's insane imo,I can't see it

Løvenkrands came on coz pardew realised we wouldnt have the ball enough to really use arfa. Løvenkrands came on to work hard....at least thats what i read somewhere....pardew quotes.

silly you....pardew doesnt rate løvenkrands higher...nobody does....pardew just felt peters running without ball was more needed....right decision, i dont know?

I'm hoping this Loven substitution against wolves was a product of wanting to close the game out and nothing more. If Pardew rates him over ben arfa or marveaux he's insane imo,I can't see it

Løvenkrands came on coz pardew realised we wouldnt have the ball enough to really use arfa. Løvenkrands came on to work hard....at least thats what i read somewhere....pardew quotes.

silly you....pardew doesnt rate løvenkrands higher...nobody does....pardew just felt peters running without ball was more needed....right decision, i dont know?

so err, how does my post make me silly?  :lol:

Krul

Simmo Saylor Colo Santon

Jonas Cabaye Tiote Marveaux

Best Ba/Ben Arfa

I know Raylor wasn't that bad against Wolves, but he was raped in the 2nd half and almost cost us the victory. Santon also has more pace which is useful against Bale/Lennon.

Marveaux has been brilliant in all reserve and league cup games and deserves to start ahead of  Obertan.

By the sound of it Marvaeux has played on the right tonight in the reserve game,  certainly scored his 2 goals from that side,  cutting in and scoring with his left and coming in to convert Fergies left wing cross from close range at the back post.

Krul

Simpson  S.Taylor Coloccini Santon

Marveaux Tiote  Cabaye    Jonas

Ba

Best

Subs: R.Taylor, Sameobi, Ben Arfa, Guthrie, Harper, Perch, Obertan

I would say their key player is Adebayor.  Modric and Bale are great players but this season it's Adebayor which give Spurs the cutting edge they have been longed for.  Would be a big big plus if he's out of the match.

I would say their key player is Adebayor.  Modric and Bale are great players but this season it's Adebayor which give Spurs the cutting edge they have been longed for.  Would be a big big plus if he's out of the match.

I agree he's the one I fear the most because he allows them to play different ways. He's got a bit of everything and if he can hold it up he'll bring those other players into play.

so err, how does my post make me silly?  :lol:

coz you questioned IF pardew rated løvenkrands higher than arfa... :)

I'd play Jonas right to help our RB (i'd go with Santon to try and nulify Bale). But even if Marveaux starts on the right it is an improvement on Obertan in my opinion, who hasn't been bad (certainly an improvement on Routledge), its just Marveaux and Ben arfa are better players.

We ned to unleash our best team on someone. Spurs at home seems a good place to start. I don't like this not making changes till we lose idea. We should play our best availiable team in order to try to win. To take it to extreames if we signed Messi would we not play him for the same reason?.... Of course not that would be bloody stupid as he'd give you the best best chance of winning the game and it's 3 points and a big opourtunity lost.  When Rooney returns to fitness Ferguson plays him, he doesn't wait till they lose a game in order to justify it. With all due respect for our unbeaten run thus far Alan needs to grow a pair and make the right choice to try and keep our run going. Not wait till we drop three points. Santon for one of the full backs and Ben arfa for Obertan are complete no brainers really. Dropping Best is a bit tougher as he's been playing well, but  Ben Arfa will play better than Best and Marveaux better then Obertan.

Ok Marveaux and Ben Arfa aren't Messi and Rooney but they are the nearest players we have to that kind of quality.

Krul

Santon  Taylor    Colo  Raylor/Ferguson

Cabaye    Tiote

Jonas                            Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Subs: Harper, Ferguson, Williamson (if fit) or Kadar, Mehdi, Obertan, Sammy, Best

(if Lennon comes on he'll cause Taylor problems like SWP did  @ QPR, i think Ferguson should come on)

Should be a cracking game. I'd fancy our chances of a good result say 2-1 with the team above but know that it is unlikely pards will change it and that Lovenkrands could come on before Ben arfa or marveaux. In which case a narrow loss or draw at the best.

Think you could be asking for problems starting against Spurs with new partnerships on both wings.

I am also finding myself in turmoil  :lol: over Ben Arfa. While he will give us fantastic moments, will he also lose possession  a lot and not hold the ball up as well as say Best does.

I have come to the conclusion that I can only really be happing playing 12.

Joking aside I think Pardew has some really hard decisions to make. Nice problem to have I guess.

After reports that Marv was on the right last night and nicked two goals I think Pards may go for:

------------Krul-------------

Sims---Tayls----Cols---Rayls

MARV--Tiote---Cabaye--Jonas

----------Ba----Best--------

Bring on santon and Ben Arfa second half to completely annihilate them (6-0)