Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Friedel vs Krul (yes, the former is over the f***ing top)

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

Hard to judge HBA vs VdV and Marveaux vs Lennon yet, due to game time, and not counting previous clubs.

Yet you can put Santon over EE. Come on. :lol:

We'll see after the game.

Who am I kidding, Raylor will start won't he? :scared:

The more I think about it the more I prefer a midfield triangle with HBA (if he's not there there used to be a lot of talk of Marveax being able to play in centre so he could sit in and Obertan be on right) and 1 striker, and hope to outnumber Modric and Parker/Sandro in midfield. Guti, we do run risk down flanks but Bale's runs and if VdV is playing on the right (which he looks likely to) we could get a lot of love getting in behind him as he's terrible at tracking back.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye

Marveux        Ben Arfa      Jonas

Ba

:fwap:

This can destroy entire galaxies.

Towelie's team will be the long term vision, I'd imagine.

Doubt we see it against Spurs though. Think we'll see Obertan drop to the bench for one of Ben Arfa or Marveaux (most likely Marveaux) with Best keeping his spot up top. Real pity Ben Arfa couldn't play for the reserves yesterday as getting 90 minutes under his belt would have been a big boost. Hard to imagine he'll be quite ready to play a full 90 minutes against Spurs so if that's the case it'd probably make sense to keep him on the bench and hopefully unleash him against some tired legs for the last half hour or so.

Guest kingdawson

Just a heads-up, Sandro misses Brazil games this week with a calf injury, plus the word is Adebayor has picked up a hamstring problem.

Bad for us.

Where did you get this Adebayor info?

Guest kingdawson

If Lennon plays what's their likely team?

Walker.......Kaboul.......King.......Ekotto

Lennon......Modric......Sandro.....Bale

...........................VDV.......................

.......................Abebayor.................

If so, that looks a pretty useful line up to me.

I don't rate Ekotto much though tbh. Actually, i think he can be distinctly average.

Walker might also not be the best at defending.

Otherwise on paper they probs have the better team if we're honest.

Of course they do, we're punching above our weight at the moment and whilst anybody can beat anybody on the day, man for man they are better than us.

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

Hard to judge HBA vs VdV and Marveaux vs Lennon yet, due to game time, and not counting previous clubs.

WOW at some of your choices.

Complete copout not selecting VDV over Ben Arfa and Lennon over Marveaux due to lack of game time though, especially when he's picked Tiote ahead of Sandro and somehow managed to select Santon over Ekotto.

Until they produce some quality performances like we hope they're capable of you have to give the nod to the Spurs players, just like you do with Tiote over Sandro for now.

I don't rate Ekotto much though tbh. Actually, i think he can be distinctly average.

Of course they do, we're punching above our weight at the moment and whilst anybody can beat anybody on the day, man for man they are better than us.

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

I suppose you'd have every Spurs player as the best :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Apart from Santon it's fine.

I know Coloccini is a good defender (somthing i said when you first signed him AND during his poor performances when countless people on here had written him off btw) but he's not better than King imo. Yes King has a poor injury record but even this season we've conceded 2 goals in 4 games and won 4 on the trot since he's come back and he's been putting in great perofmances.

Ledley doen't rely on fouling players to get the ball off them (not saying Coloccini does btw) Thierry Henry himself said King is the best cb he's ever played against in this league as he could get the ball off him without fouling.

Since 1998 when King first came into the team he's been yellow carded 7 times and never sent off. 7 yellow cards in 13 years for a centre back is astonishing.

Guest kingdawson

Walker vs Simpson

King vs Colo

Kaboul vs Saylor

Ekotto vs Santon

Lennon vs Marveaux

Modric vs Cabaye

Sandro vs Tiote

Bale vs Jonas

VdV vs HBA

Adebayor vs Ba

I suppose you'd have every Spurs player as the best :lol:

The guy doesn't want to compare Marveaux and Ben arfa with VDV and Lennon because of game time yet he pick Santon over Ekotto who's been consistantly one of our best players for a few seasons now. Yes makes sense.