Newcastle United 2 - 2 Tottenham - 16/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Just seen the penalty incident again. That's f***ing terrible from Cabaye, sorry.

agree

Yep. Taylor is just the one that is pointed out because he made the foul.

Don't get me wrong, it's a woeful challenge from Taylor. But he shouldn't need to make it.

Disappointed with that sucker punch at the end of the half. We've been in control but without looking like scoring. Clear pen, poor defensively from Saylor but Cabaye was way too soft losing the ball.

Pardew really needs to play his best team, he's not doing it again, need Santon on for Raylor, which will allow HBA or Marveaux to replace Obertan, as it frees Jonas to switch to the right.

Best has been poor and HBA could be brought on for him too.

Not to disappointed - we've done OK first half, without threatening really. Was a stupid mistake from Taylor for the pen, but a pen it was. Obertan is wasting some great positions but nothing new there. Has the lad got any awareness or nous? I'd take off Best, fetch on Ben Arfa and play him in the hole. Taking off Obertan, playing Marveaux down the left and switching Jonas is an option too. We need a bit more inventiveness - not out of this yet by a long shot.

Shola, lovenkrands or both will come on, I will lose it.

Blatant penalty cant see what the fuss is, it's still a penalty if he made a big deal of it anyway.

Tiote is fantasic, silly decision from Taylor but he was through without. Sucks because it's so far againt the run of play.

Obertan will not run at people, cross or shoot which is doing my nut in.

Guest Dontooner

1st time i will admit this season , Pardew has indeed improved the team organization wise ( We look quite solid without the ball) . Wouldnt be sad if we lost this game as it would allow him the excuse to make whole sale changes in the team.

Hope when the flair players come on, we will somehow change the game and out score them to win

Guest bimpy474

Watching it again, its a dive, a clever one but a dive all the same.

Still a penalty, it wasn't even a challange. Just a half hearted silly flick of the leg. Truly idiotc.

The long angle from behind the ref, he takes another step before falling, a dive for me, like i said clever but still a dive. Idiotic from Taylor indeed, you tackle with your wrong foot, you will go wrong sometime, he gave Adebayor the chance to dive.

Cabaye went missing apart from a couple of peaches, then cost us in my opinion. He is a great player but we need to accept that because of the new club and league he isn't always going to be in tip form and condition.