Disappointing Players

Keefaz

Still think he was our best CM when he was sold. Keegan had no use for a playmaker, so off he went.

He tried to buy Modric though, and kept on banging on about us needing that kind of player in midfield.

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't there a thing about us not getting Schweinsteiger at the end of that transfer window? Can remember some murmurings from ITKs.

Isn't that why KK agreed to the sale of Milner because he thought he was getting Schweinsteiger, one of the reason he walked out among many.

Wasn't there a thing about us not getting Schweinsteiger at the end of that transfer window? Can remember some murmurings from ITKs.

Isn't that why KK agreed to the sale of Milner because he thought he was getting Schweinsteiger, one of the reason he walked out among many.

Aye, think that was the theory.

Joey Barton. Yes he was fantastic last season, but when he signed many expected a dynamic centre mid who'd pop up with his fair share of goals. Instead it took us 3 years to realise he wasn't cut out to play in the centre any more and then after one good season he'd promptly fucked off for nowt.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah. Bastian 'didn't want to come' was the official line.

Aye but they didn't tell KK that, i think it was just before the deadline and KK in a Press Conference was saying wait and see we will be doing some business, i'm sure he was meaning Swiney.

Jenas

was class/promising when he came, ultimately didn't live up to potential

dont think he was as bad as some make out though

First year and a half he looked the real deal but he alarmingly tailed off. Really thought he would hit the heights but now he's washed up at Villa and a million miles away from the international player he looked in 2002-3.

Guest Heneage

Still think he was our best CM when he was sold. Keegan had no use for a playmaker, so off he went.

Yep. Loved the little guy to be honest. His goals against Reading, Sunderland, and Everton proved he had a bit of class about him. Sadly injuried meant he struggled but since leaving he's played a fair bit for Fenerbache.

Jenas is another good shout, I think so often we didn't see his 'talent' and were sold on what he was going to become not what he was. I think if he'd stayed here and SBR hadn't been sacked he'd have forged a much better career than he has now.

I can't even define him as a midfielder, not really great at attacking or defending I guess that makes him box to box because he runs round a lot.

Joey Barton is the other obvious one. Four years here and he only had one good season, and even that was blighted by him being the club martyr. Should have snapped the clubs hand off when they offered him a new deal as I just don't think he'll do anything for QPR.