Disappointing Players

Keefaz

G'uivarch was a f***ing World Cup winner...but was absolutely s***.

He was s*** in the World Cup. It was hardly a surprise. He didn't last long enough to register as a disappointment.

aye, he only played 4 games (most as sub I think) and he scored 1 goal.....hardly had a chance likewise Xisco.

Maric for me was a disappointment after watching the Champions league game with Dinamo Zagreb. Looked top class in that game (alongside Prosinecki) but never did the business with us. Only ever remember him setting Shearer's goal in the FA cup....but other than that.....

G'uivarch was a fucking World Cup winner...but was absolutely shit.

Possibly the luckiest WC winner ever. Credit to France for giving the others a chance and playing with 10 men.

Pistone. Italy U21 Captain when he signed. Dogshit by the time he left.

True, Hugo Viana at a similar age as well IIRC.

Yep - Viana really should have been a world beater. Wasn't suited to English football imho. Poor move for him and us.

Pistone. Italy U21 Captain when he signed. Dogshit by the time he left.

True, Hugo Viana at a similar age as well IIRC.

Yep - Viana really should have been a world beater. Wasn't suited to English football imho. Poor move for him and us.

wasn't Sir Bobby deliberating between signing C.Ronaldo and Hugo Viana before going for the latter? Or is that just a myth.

Duff was somewhere between average and crap during his time with us. He's near the top of the list.

For me, as well as the fact that he was disinterested and shit, it's the impact on N'Zogbia's progress that this waster had. I couldn't understand at the time why we were signing an inferior player (on loads more cash) than what we already had - who'd had a blinding finish to the previous season.

The ones that immediately jump to mind have already been said tbh; Emre, Luque, Viana, Dyer were the ones that immediately jumped to mind. So i'll throw Lomana Tresor Lua Lua in there. Had the occasional touch of quality; pretty skilful and quick. Never really cut it in the end. As if we let him play against us for Pompey. :rolleyes:

Emre should never have been sold in a million years.

Think he was pretty much spent as a Newcastle player. Came, promised much whilst showing glimpses, got rich, failed, went. Like the majority of players from that period.

EDIT: Unless you mean by Inter?

Emre got cut a lot of slack for his free kick v Sunderland. He was on the whole largely disappointing with only occasional glimpses of true quality.