Disappointing Players

Keefaz

Martins had a bad last 2 months with NUFC. Prior to that everyone thought of him as a good player. Relegation amplified poor performances tenfold and turned average individual displays into poor ones.

Kluivert was never going to hit the ground running here for a variety of reasons.

Agree about Martins, was a huge part in us not getting relegated in his first season, had a good spell in Keegan's diamond the following year, chipped in with a few goals in the relegation season before getting injured.  Not saying he was worth £10m and ridiculous wages, but did a fairly good job for us imo.

Martins had a bad last 2 months with NUFC. Prior to that everyone thought of him as a good player. Relegation amplified poor performances tenfold and turned average individual displays into poor ones.

:thup: :thup:

Boumsong was a major disappointment for £7 million.

£8 million. Rangers must have been laughing all the way to the bank. They had only signed him a few months earlier for a free transfer before we went along.

Was it fact or bollocks that Souness was a significant Rangers shareholder at the time?  If true that shouldn't be allowed, no chance.

He's big pals (Scottish so the term pal must be used) with the old Rangers chairman David Murray. Not sure about the shareholder thing.

I reckon if Luque didnt get injured in his 2nd game for us, he would of been brilliant. He played quite well in his debut and was half decent against fulham before he got taken off if I remember right. Martins wasn't that bad for us either, him and Owen were too similar imo and the partnership was never going to work that well. Carl Cort could of been decent aswell if not for his injuries.

No offence but apart from being short I can't think of much similarity between Owen and Martins.

One was intelligent and clinical inside the box whilst having to change his game due to a lack of pace through injuries, the other could outrun a UFO, was thick as fuck but could kick a ball 140mph from 40 yards out hitting the back of the net or row Z (of Ibrox) with equal regularity.

Nicky Butt. Remember thinking, "Shame to lose Gary Speed, but Butt, if anything, is an upgrade." False.

I dunno, he wasn't bad. Especially in the 06/07 season, where him, Saylor and the two keepers were the only ones to come out with any credit.

Martins, Milner and Sibierski all had a good season tbf.

Nicky Butt. Remember thinking, "Shame to lose Gary Speed, but Butt, if anything, is an upgrade." False.

I dunno, he wasn't bad. Especially in the 06/07 season, where him, Saylor and the two keepers were the only ones to come out with any credit.

Martins, Milner and Sibierski all had a good season tbf.

Not sure which 2 keepers he's referring to either. Krul played once and Harper and Srnicek looked crap. Taylor had a poor season too.

Duff. Did almost nothing for years.

Aye.  Played like shite for years.  Scored the own goal that ultimately sent us down.  Said he wasn't going to leave, but help us get back up.  Left.  Celebrated like he'd won the fucking World Cup when he scored against us last year.  Wanker.  Hate this cunt almost as much as Owen.