St James' Park

Dave

How come we still had Virgin on our shirts after 93minutes when we had clearly f***ed ManUre?

because we did them up the arse

That still counts...surely?

Nope, up the arse doesn't count. Great news, your uncle didn't pop your cherry. ;)

Nar, nar, i'm not having that like. We came, so we lost our virginity. Not our fault if ManUre were so dead it was Necropheliaism.

How come we still had Virgin on our shirts after 93minutes when we had clearly f***ed ManUre?

Nope, up the arse doesn't count. Great news, your uncle didn't pop your cherry. ;)

Nar, nar, i'm not having that like. We came, so we lost our virginity. Not our fault if ManUre were so dead it was Necropheliaism.

Bit like my ex then.

Bit like my ex then.

Dave?

Bit like my ex then.

Dave?

I'll have you know Dave bucks back.

Bit like my ex then.

Dave?

I'll have you know Dave bucks back.

Cool...like an Atlantic breeze.

Bit like my ex then.

Just how I like them.

http://t.co/YMB3tVvB

When Crystal Palace got into the FA Cup Final back in 1990 (with current Newcastle manager Alan Pardew in the team) we swore never to sponsor another football team. Just thought we could never get lucky twice.

Today looks like I was mistaken. It was Manchester United that beat Crystal Palace in that FA Cup Final. Well done Newcastle for sweet revenge!

Ok, I accept we're jammy bastards!

By Richard Branson. Founder of Virgin Group

That logo is quite the eyesore. Hopefully they will come up with a way to integrate it better within the shirt design for next season, although there doesn't seem to be much flexibility when it comes to their branding.

That logo is quite the eyesore. Hopefully they will come up with a way to integrate it better within the shirt design for next season, although there doesn't seem to be much flexibility when it comes to their branding.

Hopefully the use of red on the logo will encourage Puma to bring back the red numbering.

But then we'll had loads of red and white on our kit!  :frantic:

Effectively they have just kept the Northern Rock deal and have taken up the 2 additional years that Northern Rock said no to. Really it's just the same deal as we had.

I thought the NR deal was around the £2m-£2.5m/season mark?

£8m/season is decent, isn't it? Presumably we have to hit certain targets (Top 10 finish/Euro qualification/x number of TV games/etc) but it's a helluva jump from the old deal.

What was the biggest sponsorship deal (under FFS during our Champs League run)?

Effectively they have just kept the Northern Rock deal and have taken up the 2 additional years that Northern Rock said no to. Really it's just the same deal as we had.

£8m/season is decent, isn't it? Presumably we have to hit certain targets (Top 10 finish/Euro qualification/x number of TV games/etc) but it's a helluva jump from the old deal.

Greedy cockney bastards, £20M just for letting someone stick their logo on our shirt for 2 years when people up north are dying of starvation.

Bordering on immoral.

It's a good deal. There is a table of how much each PL team gets for shirt sponsorship kicking about somewhere if anyone can be arsed to look for it. IIRC Liverpool get £25m while the lowest was £500k

Guest VaVaVoom

Greedy cockney bastards, £20M just for letting someone stick their logo on our shirt for 2 years when people up north are dying of starvation.

Bordering on immoral.

No pleasing some people is there?

That is a great deal if true, saying that though, the article does not have any quotes even mentioning those figures.

Again, if true, there is NO reason why we shouldnt get getting 2 quality players in this window now.

Club  Sponsor  Value

Manchester United  Aon  £20m

Liverpool  Standard Chartered  £20m

Manchester City  Etihad  £20m

Chelsea  Samsung  £13.8m

Tottenham Hotspur  Aurasma  £10m

Aston Villa  Genting  £8m

Arsenal  Fly Emirates  £5.5m

Fulham  FxPro  £4m

Everton  Chang Beer  Upto £4m

Newcastle United  Northern Rock  £2.5m

Queens Park Rangers  AirAsia (tbc)  £2.3m

Wolverhampton Wanderers  Sportingbet  £1.1m

West Bromwich Albion  Bodog Europe  £1.1m

Swansea City  32Red  £1.1m

Sunderland  Tombola  £1m

Stoke City  Britannia  £1m

Wigan Athletic  12Bet  £1m

Bolton Wanderers  188Bet  £750k

Norwich City  Aviva  £350k

Blackburn Rovers  Prince's Trust  Zero

Guest VaVaVoom

Fwiw i think it looks pretty good on the shirt also.

Obviously the sticky on patch isnt great but id imagine that was/is a temp thing until puma can get new ones made.