Greatest Newcastle XI?

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Haris Vuckic

Good to see everyone going with Pedro, except Yorkie. :dave:

I would be surprised it Tooj hasn't already set off to Yorkies house with a machete.

Given

Barton    Albert      Coloccini      Enrique

Solano      Tiote      Beardsley    Ginola

Shearer    Ferdinand

I've gone with Ginola over Robert because I think he was a better all-round footballer. The thought of Robert providing crosses for Shearer and Ferdinand together is very tempting, but I just think Ginola was better.

I've decided to play Beardsley back in midfield because I think I'd rather include Ferdinand than a Speed or Lee or Batty, who good as they were weren't as good as Ferdinand IMO.

The other tough choice was picking Tiote over Lee. Lee was a better footballer, and probably a better overall player, but I think having Tiote in there would allow Beardsley to really run the show linking midfield to attack.

Shocking how we've not had any really good RB's in almost 20 years. :lol:

Given, Watson, Beresford, Woodgate, Coloccini, Solano, Lee, Beardsley, Ginola, Shearer, Ferdinand.

Most are obvious choices for me other than Steve Watson at right back. We've never really had a top class right back in my time. Beye had a great six months but insufficient to warrant a place. Warren Barton had his moments and was a 100%er but lacked real quality. Watson gets the nod as I had a real soft spot for him. He genuinely loved playing for us, was versatile and had some real talent. I'll never forget his two winners v Liverpool and although his versatility was probably in the end a weakness, his performances at right back were probably his best for us. Definitely one filed under "never shoudda sold him".

don`t really understand the selection of Warren Barton at RB.....thought he was pretty dodgy when he played for us  and often made errors (looked good at Wimbledon mind)....would have Watson or Beye (even though he only played a season for us) or even Hughes as they didn`t drop as many clangers at the aforementioned....but to each their own I suppose

came across it on the tinternet. (waiting for some smartarse to include Karlese/Ramage/Maric and co in their lineup  :pow:

Elliot

Ramage

Onyewu

Boumsong

Quinn

Duff

Faye

Pattison

Alan O'Brien

Luque

Smith

Given, Watson, Beresford, Woodgate, Coloccini, Solano, Lee, Beardsley, Ginola, Shearer, Ferdinand.

Most are obvious choices for me other than Steve Watson at right back. We've never really had a top class right back in my time. Beye had a great six months but insufficient to warrant a place. Warren Barton had his moments and was a 100%er but lacked real quality. Watson gets the nod as I had a real soft spot for him. He genuinely loved playing for us, was versatile and had some real talent. I'll never forget his two winners v Liverpool and although his versatility was probably in the end a weakness, his performances at right back were probably his best for us. Definitely one filed under "never shoudda sold him".

Always rated Watson very highly - almost feel he was an unfulfilled talent who promised to be better than he turned out to be.  Never seemed to really kick on after he left us.

Given

Enrique

Albert

Howey

Barton

Waddle

Keegan

Bracewell

Beardsley

Shearer

Ferdinand

Went with bracewell as DM, keegan would do a hell of a lot of work CM, the rest would Attack like fuck.

Only one person has left out Pedro, who as you say should be the first name on the team sheet.

I agree about Cole over Ferdinand, but I have neither my team.

howay then laughing boy- why cole ahead of ferdinand?

Because no striker we've had since has come close to matching the season Cole had in 93-94. That includes Les.

I rekon shearer must have come close , at some point. not sure what shearers best season was. think cole got 41, or 42 that season? still believe les was a better player.

Take nowt away from cole. fantastic record, He had pedro, lee, sellars etc putting it on a plate for him.

Ferdinand had Gillespie and Ginola putting it on his head. Both were great but Cole was the more reliable goalscorer.

That's true because Cole was the much more natural finisher. A Shearer and Cole partnership in the mid 90's would have won several titles for the club that had them. And to think we could have been that club ....

Cole    Shearer

Beardsley

:love:

Perez

Edgar        Coloccini        Albert      Duff

Am Faye

Gillespie                                      Robert

Beardsley

Shearer                    Cole