Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gordon is defnitely my favourite name for a Croat

"Gordon Schildenfeld  Eintracht Frankfurt" he's quite blatantly German :lol:

No, his father's family is originally from Slovenia and is of Austrian origin, but he is born in Croatia. ;)

Robert Lewandowski (Poland) surprise top goalscorer? decent odds at ladbrokes and coral. They have a fairly straightforward group, although if they do progress they will likely face Germany or Holland in the quarters

Robert Lewandowski (Poland) surprise top goalscorer? decent odds at ladbrokes and coral. They have a fairly straightforward group, although if they do progress they will likely face Germany or Holland in the quarters

Aleksander Kerzkhov at 40/1 isn't bad.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/top-goalscorer

to be honest, i had never heard of him, but you can get 100/1 at coral. lewandowski has come down from 40 - 33/1 at coral (today), but is still 40s at ladbrokes, so i will prob put a few quid each way on him tomorrow. he is only 16/1 at bwin for some reason? massive difference in odds there

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/top-goalscorer

to be honest, i had never heard of him, but you can get 100/1 at coral. lewandowski has come down from 40 - 33/1 at coral (today), but is still 40s at ladbrokes, so i will prob put a few quid each way on him tomorrow. he is only 16/1 at bwin for some reason? massive difference in odds there

Not sure about the service to him, tbh. I think he's the type of player that needs it.

Yh Lewandowski works really hard and drags CB's all over the place but if the service isnt there those runs he makes will end up being rather pointless and he will be doing that work for nothing.....

If Poland had a legit creative source behind him like he does at club level than i would consider putting some money on him but iam not sure they do.

Yh Lewandowski works really hard and drags CB's all over the place but if the service isnt there those runs he makes will end up being rather pointless and he will be doing that work for nothing.....

If Poland had a legit creative source behind him like he does at club level than i would consider putting some money on him but iam not sure they do.

He'll be linking up with blaszczykowski who plays with him at Dortmund. Both of them are Poland's most important players.

It's difficult to gauge how well Poland will do given that they haven't played a competitive game for so long. Some of the friendly results look good, only lost two in their last nineteen games, although most of them have been at home and they've had a lot of draws. think they'll get through the groups but then germany or holland await.

"Błaszczykowski with Borussia Dortmund won the Bundesliga title for two seasons in a row in 2010–11 and 2011–12. He also won 2011–12 DFB-Pokal, providing two assists in the final 5–2 victory over Bayern Munich"

step forward

Jakub Błaszczykowski

im really looking forward to this tournament now - my love for (general) footy seems to rise whenever the toon do well (helped during the last world cup). i always like to see a host nation do well, and as i dont particularly like ukraine (and they are in our group), i think i will 'adopt' poland as a second team. they have got a fair few decent individual players, but as they aint had any competitive games recently i cant really tell if they will gel when it matters.

just realised, england have both host nations in their group for WC 2014 qualifying

He'll be linking up with blaszczykowski who plays with him at Dortmund. Both of them are Poland's most important players.

It's difficult to gauge how well Poland will do given that they haven't played a competitive game for so long. Some of the friendly results look good, only lost two in their last nineteen games, although most of them have been at home and they've had a lot of draws. think they'll get through the groups but then germany or holland await.

good minds...;)

yeah, the £2 each is split 75%-25% between 1st and 2nd.

I'll set it up!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell?

Sorry I was hoping for a plethora of 'GREAT IDEA' but not sure how many folk would do it.

I have a team anyway so why the fuck not. I'll do it now (providing skysports isn't fucking up for me again).

Guest MrSundlofer

Yoann Gourcuff caused the French national team big problems in the 2010 World Cup... and almost everyone in that team hated him! I have no idea why he's in the squad once again.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Yoann Gourcuff caused the French national team big problems in the 2010 World Cup... and almost everyone in that team hated him! I have no idea why he's in the squad once again.

What I read at the time was that he was hated because of his middle class and was 'frozen out' by a number of players because he was different to them. He was also the victim of homophobic abuse despite him apparently not being gay

:lol:

We had an elaborate draw to decide our rooms, which the two neutral people did a test run for. There were 2 pots with 6 numbered table tennis balls, corresponding to our names and 6 nations teams. We proper dragged it out, it was on stage in a bar and there were descriptions all of us, drew quite an audience

I ended up 3rd with England, but picked probably the 5th best room accidentally :okay:

Guest Tyson

Ozil's form from the qualfiers will cross-over into the tourney. And he's come of age at Real now, and stamped his own signature of authority (as a creative force) in a team packed with stars.

Wonderful player.