Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just realised I'm going to miss the final of this as I am at the Stone Roses gig on the Sunday.

Could be worse, my fathers managed to miss every tournament final in the last decade because my mother managed to schedule to leave to go on holiday on the day of the final so he was usually somewhere in the sky when it was on while I was busy laughing at him.

No

Why?

Rvp, robben, huntelaar and.... *sigh* kuyt will all be ahead of him... fighting for 3 attacking places

Oh, and Sneijder too if you consider him competition for the attacking mid position.

Oh, van der Vaart too probs.

Guest MrSundlofer

No

Why?

Rvp, robben, huntelaar and.... *sigh* kuyt will all be ahead of him... fighting for 3 attacking places

Oh, and Sneijder too if you consider him competition for the attacking mid position.

Somehow I think we will see Affellay starting on the left wing.

No

Why?

Somehow I think we will see Affellay starting on the left wing.

Ok

They're better than a lot of the stuff on that site because they're concise and to the point, highlighting the weaknesses and strengths of each team.

Sometimes the articles are ridiculous in their overanalysis of tactics and the outcome of games.

They're better than a lot of the stuff on that site because they're concise and to the point, highlighting the weaknesses and strengths of each team.

Sometimes the articles are ridiculous in their overanalysis of tactics and the outcome of games.

:thup:

Interesting to read, but worth reminding yourself football isn't 100% about tactics.

Interesting to read, but worth reminding yourself football isn't 100% about tactics.

No, I appreciate what he does. The lack of statisitcal and tactical analysis available football in English language is frankly somewhat embarrassing. My top sport is basketball and I often bemoan the lack of thought media put in the coverage of the game, but football is many times worse.

No, I appreciate what he does. The lack of statisitcal and tactical analysis available football in English language is frankly somewhat embarrassing. My top sport is basketball and I often bemoan the lack of thought media put in the coverage of the game, but football is many times worse.

The articles on his site (and many other independent sources) put to shame the level of journalism, punditry, research etc amongst the mainstream media and press over here. That goes without saying.

However some of the analysis is completely over the top. There is no way that even the best managers in the world concern themselves with tactics to such an extent and actually plan to do some of the things that he has observed and picked apart.