Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two years ago, before they knew where England would play or even if they would qualify, ITV committed to building a studio in Warsaw. They appointed a local architect and launched themselves into "a bureaucratic journey deep into the heart of Polish politics". It was handsomely rewarded for its bravery when the draw guaranteed England could not possibly play there more than once, and even then not until the semi-finals, which will be broadcast by the BBC anyway.

:lol:

The whole thing should be called off.  I'd be gutted in football terms, but once again, the racists win by allowing it to continue.  Without wanting to invoke the "if this was England" argument, I have to invoke it. 

I'd consider banning home fans from games first

Would be a better approach than what they're doing.  Which is essentially just hoping for the best. 

Thing is, football as a whole has lost its balls.  Should consider SERIOUS ramifications for countries failing to act, ourselves included as we're far from fucking perfect.  Along the lines of banning teams from European football, or International football.  We need to stop pretending football is THAT important that we let issues like this continue because there's so much invested in a ball being kicked around. 

You can use that argument down to a very fine point.  Almost, why should a team be punished when it's only a minority of supporters.  Something has to be done, and it's a national problem, so it should be addressed as so.  Even people that aren't being racist need to be involved as a lot of time their in-action allows things to get worse.

Agree to disagree please.

A problem that has ramifications on a national, even continental scale, but the action needed to be taken should be focused specifically on the problem groups in the society.  I.e. ranging from lengthy bans from footballing venues to arrests.  Although that is dependent upon local laws ofc.  Then you can do some positive stuff for the general ranks, like a lets kick idiots out of football campaign etc., that aren't giving nazi salutes on the terraces.

Rather confusing news from the Holland training camp. Although Mark van Bommel was pretty adamant the team's black players were racially abused – "You need to open your ears. If you did hear it, and don't want to hear it, that is even worse," he said – Uefa will not investigate further after the Dutch FA said it "did not believe the abuse was racially motivated".

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/nakedgun.gif

I agree it's a tough one and absolutely my solution would punish the majority of fans who are no trouble. However I also don't believe that anything will be done about the issue without drastic action, for years clubs have been given only perfunctory fines for racism, and this has bred a lack of action.

If we can target and ban the individual fans that would be great, I'm skeptical though if this will really stop it in the life span of this tourney. Hmmm tough one, fingers crossed it'll all be fine.

I agree it's a tough one and absolutely my solution would punish the majority of fans who are no trouble. However I also don't believe that anything will be done about the issue without drastic action, for years clubs have been given only perfunctory fines for racism, and this has bred a lack of action.

If we can target and ban the individual fans that would be great, I'm skeptical though if this will really stop it in the life span of this tourney. Hmmm tough one, fingers crossed it'll all be fine.

:thup:

Going to be as bad if not worse when the World Cup goes to Russia where fans chuck bannanas at the black players.

It can't be a surprise to Fifa/UEFA that this is happening though. Their comments about it not happening and Platini

coming out and saying if a player walks off the pitch after getting racially abused they'll be yellow carded is fucking

disgusting. The sooner Fifa and UEFA get new people in charge the better, they show time and time again what a bunch

of stubborn clowns living in the past they are.