Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Someone has done the math on Reddit as it was causing a stir. 

3 mins and 33 seconds in total should have been added on. 

2 mins and 49 seconds of time wasting were from Pope alone. 

That's bullshit. You're not adding time for every break ie. Liverpool's freekicks. Marriner should have added 60-70 seconds for the Pope treatment and that's it as he's allowed to take 20-30 seconds to get the ball back in the play.

No fucking reason to not have a 60 minute stopped clock which might have screwed us anyway today. Would be so much better experience to watch the game without all the unnecessary rolling around and controversies like this.

Edited by Pata

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Pope was down for 90 seconds, he had the ball so would've taken ~30 seconds to put the ball back in play. Ball went out for a corner at 96.35 and IMO that should be it for the game. 

We were shithousing a lot but I see no reason why Marriner didn't blow the whistle before the corner. Not an egregious error but fucking frustrating.

I mean, doesn't 5 minutes, means minimum 5 minutes? Add the 90 seconds and it's common sense not to whistle it during an attack and even corner tbf. I'm not going to complain about the ref, we time wasted a lot thorughout the match, and at the end of the day an unlucky bounce lost us the game, not the ref. 

As for the VAR decision, that's impossible for anyone of us to say that it is right or wrong. That being said, they have to fucking change these lines so that it's 100% clear. 

2 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

I would have thought pope spent about a minute and a half down on the deck, but there was no other major stoppage. Liverpool got gifted an extra minute and a half from nothing.

There was, it was just Henderson taking forever to hand the armband over, so Liverpool shouldn’t have benefitted from that.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Someone has done the math on Reddit as it was causing a stir. 

3 mins and 33 seconds in total should have been added on. 

2 mins and 49 seconds of time wasting were from Pope alone. 

Lol, a Man u fan supporting a Liverpool robbery on behalf of the big six. :lol: You can kiss their arse mate, they'd still put a brick through your window if your coach was driving too slowly out of Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

That's bullshit. You're not adding time for every break ie Liverpool's freekicks. Marriner should have added 60-70 seconds for the Pope treatment and that's it as he's allowed to take 20-30 seconds to get the ball back in the play.

No fucking reason to not have a 60 minute stopped clock which might have screwed us anyway today. Would be so much better experience to watch the game without all the unnecessary rolling around and controversies like this.

30 seconds? It's 6 seconds no? Or has the rule changed? 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

I mean, doesn't 5 minutes, means minimum 5 minutes? Add the 90 seconds and it's common sense not to whistle it during an attack and even corner tbf. I'm not going to complain about the ref, we time wasted a lot thorughout the match, and at the end of the day an unlucky bounce lost us the game, not the ref. 

As for the VAR decision, that's impossible for anyone of us to say that it is right or wrong. That being said, they have to fucking change these lines so that it's 100% clear. 

I see no reason why Marriner doesn't whistle it when Burn makes the block and we are already 5 seconds over the added added time.

1 minute ago, Flip said:

30 seconds? It's 6 seconds no? Or has the rule changed? 

6 seconds was like two decades ago and every keeper eats 20-30 seconds in that spot now. Even if you add the full 90 seconds it should have been over when Burn makes the block at 96.35.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's time to introduce challenge flags to this stupid fucking sport.

:lol: Let's do it. Cant wait to see how they manage to triple down on an incorrect VAR challenge.

Just now, Pata said:

6 seconds was like two decades ago and every keeper eats 20-30 seconds in that spot now. Even if you add the full 90 seconds it should have been over when Burn makes the block at 96.35.

:lol:

I get what you're saying. But it's still a minimum of 5 extra minutes, so could've easily been 5.55  minutes + Popes 60 seconds ;) Pata man, we had a great performance, we'll bounce back in a few days :thup: 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Lol, a Man u fan supporting a Liverpool robbery on behalf of the big six. :lol: You can kiss their arse mate, they'd still put a brick through your window if your coach was driving too slowly out of Liverpool.

Timewasting bit you in the arse. It's as simple as that. Shoe on the other foot and you say it was justified. It's just a sickener when you're on the losing side of it. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Timewasting bit you in the arse. It's as simple as that. Shoe on the other foot and you say it was justified. It's just a sickener when you're on the losing side of it. 

No matter how much this hurts, from an objective point of view I agree with Froggy. That being said, fuck froggy. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Nope. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd wonder if the ref was a Newcastle fan, and I'm serious about that. Not sure you are though.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol:

I get what you're saying. But it's still a minimum of 5 extra minutes, so could've easily been 5.55  minutes + Popes 60 seconds ;) Pata man, we had a great performance, we'll bounce back in a few days :thup: 

I'm just extra irritated by a Liverpool fan mate spouting shite in a Whatsapp group. :lol: We were extremely comfortable until Isak was subbed out and we had zero threat for the last 30 minutes.