Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

35 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont think it was a pen at all.

I just don't understand how you can think that.  A player can be impeded by many ways.  It doesn't have to be a horrific over the ball tackle.  The most cowardly fouls are those that use their hands.  This was a definite penalty!

1 minute ago, Rod said:

I just don't understand how you can think that.  A player can be impeded by many ways.  It doesn't have to be a horrific over the ball tackle.  The most cowardly fouls are those that use their hands.  This was a definite penalty!

A player doesn't need to be forced to the ground for it to be a penalty either. Although admittedly it makes it more likely for the ref to blow his whistle. Unless you're Sean Longstaff.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

Would be furious if it was given against us. Yes there is a hand on him, but not enough.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Would be furious if it was given against us. Yes there is a hand on him, but not enough.

He was pulled back and lost his balance, therefore a foul.  I'm staggered you think otherwise.  Were you on VAR duty?

Just now, Rod said:

He was pulled back and lost his balance, therefore a foul.  I'm staggered you think otherwise.  Were you on VAR duty?

Be honest, if that was given against us you'd be ok with it? 

It had all the force of faith healing man. :lol: You can see him decide to go down (unconvincingly) as it's happening. He's terrible at it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Rod said:

Pulled and pulled. I stand firm.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

crazy decision to give them a freekick on the edge of our box when gordon actually gets the ball.

That was a horrendous decision.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

They've been given, but it would have been soft. He doesn't help himself by going down so easily.

He's being pulled back man!  He's off balance.  All because a shit defender can't tackle him legitimately.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It had all the force of faith healing man. :lol: You can see him decide to go down (unconvincingly) as it's happening. He's terrible at it.

That's how I saw it. 

Quite rightly, the Scouse cunts get them decisions all the time, but that doesn't mean we become as blind as them fuckin cunts

I do think it was a penalty and the look on Hughes face is quite telling 

However, not convinced it's an absolute stonewaller so understand why the ref didn't give it and then why VAR didn't intervene 

The Everton penalty was soft but I accepted it. Doesn't matter that it was Longstaff. It's a penalty for me. He grabbed him and it was enough to knock him off balance.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I do think it was a penalty and the look on Hughes face is quite telling 

However, not convinced it's an absolute stonewaller so understand why the ref didn't give it and then why VAR didn't intervene 

VAR had a look.

Edited by Rod