Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

fwiw just watching it back, 94:06 Ritchie hoofs it up to half way, Rondon misses it. Wolves hoof it back to our box 94:11 and it stays within 18 yards of our goal line until the goal.  Dunno where this "pinged well near the touchline when he should've blown -- around 4-7 seconds before the goal" is :lol:

Going by memory, as I haven't had the luxury of rewatching it afterwards. It felt like the ball had gone outside the box before it got to Traore (?) in that photo posted above. Could be wrong.

Yeah, before 94:30.. Their attack is still very much alive and well at that point. Even if it was after the extra 30 seconds, no ref is gonna blow for FT then

jO9LO4W.png

It did, Ritchie blocked that creep's shot, and then he ran back and got it and then went to cross it.

Regardless, Almiron was fouled and the game should have been killed off then.

How that Almiron foul wasn't given, right in front of the linesman, is beyond me.

It did, Ritchie blocked that creep's shot, and then he ran back and got it and then went to cross it.

How that Almiron foul wasn't given, right in front of the linesman, is beyond me.

Watching that back now, even slowing it down to 0.5x I can't see a foul at all tbf. Raul touches Almiron's back and he collapses like a deck of cards. He had the chance to just hoof it

Which Wolves game got 9 mins added?

Last week against Shrewsbury, the Shrews fans were fuming it didn’t get any press though the goal was after the 9th minute too :lol:

Wolves fans must just laugh at the luck they get especially against us and especially for it to be BOLY AGAIN.

I mean no wonder Boly put his arms around Dubravka’s neck after knowing he was allowed to smash us in the face with an elbow in the first match.

He must love playing us must think it is FIFA on the no rules mode when he plays us.

Watching that back now, even slowing it down to 0.5x I can't see a foul at all tbf. Raul touches Almiron's back and he collapses like a deck of cards. He had the chance to just hoof it

What makes it even worse is the same foul was given to Raul Jimenez on the 63 minute on the same side of the pitch those get given all the time when protecting the ball.

Most Referees would have given the foul on Almiron people forget this is the SAME Referee that deemed the Dummett hand on Salah’s shoulder as too much contact yet let the contact on Dubravka’s neck go :lol: And the contact on Almiron.

Being a contrarian 24/7 must be so cool.

Hardly, If I don't I agree with you, I'll say so.  Sent you a PM btw about er.. watching it back

Alright Mr. Goebbels

just listened to the match last night i got the impression the ref wasnt going to blow the ft whistle until wolves had scored,he would of had to blow it after say 7 minutes just as not to make it obvious he had some unknown agenda to ensure wolves got the point,bent c***

Hardly, If I don't I agree with you, I'll say so.  Sent you a PM btw about er.. watching it back

:lol: Cheers.

Alright Mr. Goebbels

;)

In these days of technology it's ludicrous that the referee's watch isn't visible to the public for top games.

It’s something that needs looked at for sure.  Far too many occasions where it feels like the ref will just keep on playing until his favourite team scores.  I don’t get why you add 30 seconds for a substitution either, why not just stop the clock while the sub is happening?  It’s the easiest thing in the world to do!  :lol:

After VAR gets implemented, I hope the next step is a 60 minute game with clock that stops. Would probably make games quicker but add real playing time, end some of the rolling around/time wasting and end controversies like this.

Would also be easy to implement on every level of the game as some people think that's important.

After VAR gets implemented, I hope the next step is a 60 minute game with clock that stops. Would probably make games quicker but add real playing time, end some of the rolling around/time wasting and end controversies like this.

Would also be easy to implement on every level of the game as some people think that's important.

Might as well split it into 3x 20min periods and have adverts in the stoppages if you go that far

no thanks

Might as well split it into 3x 20min periods and have adverts in the stoppages if you go that far

no thanks

Alright, tell me one negative about the 2x30min game.

no thanks

Alright, tell me one negative about the 2x30min game.

Stoppages will take longer as the ref won’t be under pressure to get the ball back in play

To add another thing on the added time debate, Ayoze's substitution (dead on 90:00) took around 55 seconds

You say that but I was watching the Man Utd match last night and the Pogba red card went into extra time. And Shaw got booked in extra time there was about 1 minute worth of extra stoppage in extra time the Ref had given 4 minutes like our match yet blew at 3 MINUTES 50 SECONDS :lol:

Most Referee’s don’t bother going over the extra time, most don’t give the luxury of adding more extra time onto extra time.

Nah, nothing has to change regarding that. Ref can still book players trying to break the momentum by wasting time.

Doesn’t have to but think it would naturally. Watching rugby they have a system where they stop the clock and innocuous things seem to take ages to get the ball back in play. Could also lead to ads in the middle of football games which is :anguish:

People need to get over Monday night. It was a minimum of 4 minutes stoppage time and the fact we conceded the goal was not down to the referee. The cross could have been stopped, Boly's run could have been checked by a defender and the goalkeeper could have done better. Blaming the ref just sounds like sour grapes. you play until the final whistle.

People need to get over Monday night. It was a minimum of 4 minutes stoppage time and the fact we conceded the goal was not down to the referee. The cross could have been stopped, Boly's run could have been checked by a defender and the goalkeeper could have done better. Blaming the ref just sounds like sour grapes. you play until the final whistle.

To be fair to our players though they probably feared checking Boly’s run knowing it was the same Ref that gave a penalty to Salah against us for Dummett tapping his arm the fact he deemed that enough contact would have put fear into our defenders making any slight contact.

Strange how he deemed the Salah contact enough against us YET having Boly’s arms around our keepers neck while jumping isn’t enough contact AND the 2 handed push into Almiron’s back by Raul Jimenez in the build up not enough either. Yet gave Raul Jimenez the exact same foul on the exact same side of the pitch on the 63rd minute mark :lol:

We got unlucky you can’t deny that. Hopefully we get a bucket load of luck in the last 12 games rather than it ending up costing us and hopefully the 155 games without a Red for the opposition run is finally ended before the season ends at the very least.

155 games has to be some kind of world record.

The minimum of 4 minutes means 4 minutes unless there are other stoppages, which there weren't. It doesn't mean could be 4 minutes, could be 6