RIP Socrates

Guest gggg

In 1983 Socrates was asked how he'd like to die. He said, on a Sunday and with Corinthians as champions. 28 years later that exact thing happened.

True legend, absolutely gutted even if it seemed as it might happen at any time with his latest problems.

In 1983 Socrates was asked how he'd like to die. He said, on a Sunday and with Corinthians as champions. 28 years later that exact thing happened.

True legend, absolutely gutted even if it seemed as it might happen at any time with his latest problems.

Class that like! :laugh:

He's from well before my time, but based on everything I've read you can't help but like the bloke, and that's before you get to his ability on the pitch. RIP.

well at least he got his wish. RIP

RIP, true Legend, an Icon.. came so close to joining the Toon. 

Was there any truth in it? It's my all-time favourite Toon transfer rumour.

Only saw him at the 82 WC, but wow what a player. So comfortable on the ball.

Not just a great footballer, but after his career a great footballing intellectual. Was also a powerful figure in player's rights in an era when clubs and national federations held all the power.

I'm sure I've read that he was better backheeling than most players passed normally, and that he backheeled penalties.

RIP Socrates