Newcastle United 0 - 0 Swansea City - 17/12/11 - post-match reaction from pg 26

Dave

Don't worry Mike, next manager is sorted - NO has numerous candidates which are way more qualified and experienced than Pards anyway

:lol: What?

Just some of the bollocks spouted on here sometimes, it's as if the whole board is made up of a who's who of out of work Jose Mourinhios :)

come on lads, hindsight's a wonderful thing but we got a draw lets move on,  they got the most cleansheets in the prem this season, thats saying something. 

some of us are acting like they got no rights to earn a draw, like we have every right to win that game.

had we came up from the championship and gone to a place like white hart lane and got a draw in that manner we would be dancing,  swansea played well. we also played well until Best got injured or tired.

I agree, I'm sick of people having an opinion. I think I might not bother with one but then just criticise others when ever the chance arises. It's dead big and clever and no-one can have a pop because after all my opinion is not available.

Don't worry Mike, next manager is sorted - NO has numerous candidates which are way more qualified and experienced than Pards anyway

Just some of the bollocks spouted on here sometimes, it's as if the whole board is made up of a who's who of out of work Jose Mourinhios :)

Aye, who are we kidding? Well done Pards for a tremendous tactical masterclass of a 0-0 draw against newly promote Swansea. As people who know nowt about football, we bow to you oh football god :rolleyes:

Hmm, a manager's selection and substitution decisions will always be scrutinised and debated - whether at the match, in the pub or on a message board.

Pardew's turned my opinion on him around massively but has made some very wacky calls in the last few weeks and it needs sorted.

Was classic Shola today. Came on, made one run then barely moved for the rest of the game and proceeded to foul and lose possession. Was the perfect game for Ben Arfa , not to throw on your classic English battering ram. I don't think Shola won a single header when he came on.

Hmm, a manager's selection and substitution decisions will always be scrutinised and debated - whether at the match, in the pub or on a message board.

Pardew's turned my opinion on him around massively but has made some very wacky calls in the last few weeks and it needs sorted.

yeh but we aint eaxctly man utd or chelsea or man city, we cant expect to have a jose mourinho at our club, we cant afford him,  pards is all we got.  think some of us expect too much of him.

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12077/12367795.jpg

HBA wouldn't have changed anything!

Fucking frustrating to see our wingers who can't cross past first defender or dribble at pace at all.

Take a deep breath. Read the first sentence if your post,then read the second.

Anyway, our wingers are killing us at the minute,all our creativity comes through the middle,we're toothless when it goes wide.

Summary: Frustrating result, decent performance. First half we had it all our own way and could consider ourselves very unlucky not to have been a couple up, those little breaks just aren't going for us at the moment. Second half we didn't force the pace as much as we should have, but Swansea remained organised and defended very well. The Dutch lad who came on for Gower made the difference, he just gave them that extra calm head in the middle of the park which in turn took a bit of pressure on their defence. I might sound a bit dramatic here but we really need a result against West Brom or our decent start to the season is threatening to descend into mediocrity. Anyway some player ratings:

Krul 7 - Played his part in keeping a clean sheet but really could of cracked out a book. The lad had virtually nothing to do all day.

Simpson 7- Very solid on the whole, had a few nervy moments against Sinclair. Still not convincing going forward.

Perch 8 - I was terrified evertime he got the ball but he played well. Made some great challanges and some much needed interceptions.

Colo 9 - What can I say about the man? The lad is a class apart, defended beautifully and could of grabbed a couple at the other end.

Santon 8 - It feels odd once again having confidence in our left back. Solid defensively and looked threatening going forward.

Obertan 6 - A real mixed bag. Some good deliveries, some crap deliveries and a lot of flattering to deceive.

Tiote 8 - Did what he does best. Beastly performance in the middle.

Cabaye 7 - Kept things ticking over and for large parts of the first half dictated play. However this was mixed with some poor set pieces and some wildly misplaced passes, especially during the second half.

Jonas 6 - Mixed with the usual Jonas graft was a lot of inconsistency in the final third.

Ba 7 - The man's touch and control means he'll always be a threat. Unlucky not to score today.

Best 5 - Pretty low key return. His usual graft wasn't quite there and he gave away far too many free kicks, whether by foul or offside.

Pardew 6 - Got the starting line up correct but got the substitutions and odd parts of the game plan wrong. The game was desperate for Ben Arfa for the final twenty minutes, it's an absolte mystery as to why he didn't come on. Bringing Shola on and lumping it forward was crappy planning and gave Swansea a much easier second half than it should have. We looked far more dangerous when we were getting it out wide and taking on the full backs, maintaining that threat or at least bringing on Ben Arfa and giving thrm something different to think about would have been the better option.

yeh but we aint eaxctly man utd or chelsea or man city, we cant expect to have a jose mourinho at our club, we cant afford him,  pards is all we got.  think some of us expect too much of him.

I don't think expecting him to bring on arguably the most talented attack-minded player at the club when we're struggling to score a goal is expecting too much.  Is he mentally deficient or something, is that what you're saying?  That he's a good all round manager but will occasionally not spot something that every other fucker can or else he'd be at Real Madrid?

Was classic Shola today. Came on, made one run then barely moved for the rest of the game and proceeded to foul and lose possession. Was the perfect game for Ben Arfa , not to throw on your classic English battering ram. I don't think Shola won a single header when he came on.

shola is the most classic english battering ram , just like perch is the quintessential commanding centre half. ( yes i know you were being sarcastic.)

i dont know what shola is, sometimes he has moments of brilliance.  then other times (most of the time) he is just a turd.

I don't think expecting him to bring on arguably the most talented attack-minded player at the club when we're struggling to score a goal is expecting too much.  Is he mentally deficient or something, is that what you're saying?  That he's a good all round manager but will occasionally not spot something that every other f***er can or else he'd be at Real Madrid?

yeh this is all well and good, things arent always that simple, we dont know whats going on in the background, maybe beni boy has been a twat, maybe pards aint forgiven him for that shower of shyte he displayed against chelsea, i mean he wasnt just crap that day he was a liability.  who knows. 

I don't think expecting him to bring on arguably the most talented attack-minded player at the club when we're struggling to score a goal is expecting too much.  Is he mentally deficient or something, is that what you're saying?  That he's a good all round manager but will occasionally not spot something that every other f***er can or else he'd be at Real Madrid?

yeh this is all well and good, things arent always that simple, we dont know whats going on in the background, maybe beni boy has been a twat, maybe pards aint forgiven him for that shower of shyte he displayed against chelsea, i mean he wasnt just crap that day he was a liability.  who knows. 

:lol: Absolute bollocks.  But if you're right let's hope Pardew finds it in his heart to forgive him soon.

shola is the most classic english battering ram , just like perch is the quintessential commanding centre half. ( yes i know you were being sarcastic.)

i dont know what shola is, sometimes he has moments of brilliance.  then other times (most of the time) he is just a turd.

I can tolerate Shola more than most at times but i just didn't get the decision today. We didn't need to lump it forward we just needed a key to unlock their defence and bringing Ben Arfa on and linking play with Cabaye and Ba would have given us something new.

I just simply don't understand why he has been completely left out since Chelsea. He didnt even have a terrible game against Chelsea it was just there was no space in that game and chelsea are incredibly strong in the center of midfield so nulified his threat. Something must have kicked off between them it's the only reason i can think he has been frozen out of late.