Striker Shortlist...

Guest VaVaVoom

Take Ba's point scoring goals out of our games and we're 5 points off relegation by my calculations  That's without looking at what losing him would have done to boost the oppositions points if they had gained more by us dropping them.

Ameobi would have scored them instead. :thup:

It's great having a prolific goalscorer like Ba, but we're so reliant on him that to not go for someone else (and that includes having a couple of options) is criminal really.

Take Ba's point scoring goals out of our games and we're 5 points off relegation by my calculations  That's without looking at what losing him would have done to boost the oppositions points if they had gained more by us dropping them.

Using that analysis we should also take Krul's point savings saves out and by my calculations we'd be fucked. Basically that kind of analysis is, no offence, useless.

Using that analysis we should also take Krul's point savings saves out and by my calculations we'd be f***ed. Basically that kind of analysis is, no offence, useless.

If we had a less capable keeper than Krul we would be worse off, I think that's beyond debate.

What team wouldnt be relatively f***ed if you took their main striker out of the side? We potentially have better back up than many in Ben Arfa & Best tbh

Arsenal have Chamakh.

Best's potential is also to not get a league goal in 13 months, I'm sure that was his record when he left Coventry and came here, I know it was a long time.

What team wouldnt be relatively fucked if you took their main striker out of the side? We potentially have better back up than many in Ben Arfa & Best tbh

Arsenal have Chamakh.

They have a centre half that has as many as Best tbf. :lol:

And for all I want him in the side, I'm yet to be convinced Ben Arfa can be a notable goalscorer for us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15670830.stm

The Magpies have changed the name of their St James' Park stadium to the Sports Direct Arena in an effort to attract a new naming partner.

Llambias added: "The fans want us to buy more players, we need a new striker in January, we'll need replacements in the summer.

"We need to give ourselves as much of a chance as possible."

...but not any more. :laugh2:

When Ba leaves for the ACN we are f***ed.

He's only away for 3 or 4 weeks not 3 months!  Bearing in mind one of those weeks will be the FA cup weekend he's only going to miss 3 games(i think, don't quote me!)

I know its not good that he's away and its a worry but someone will step up, Shola and Best may not be the most prolific but they can come in and do a job for a few games, my preference would be Shola.

When Ba leaves for the ACN we are f***ed.

He's only away for 3 or 4 weeks not 3 months!  Bearing in mind one of those weeks will be the FA cup weekend he's only going to miss 3 games(i think, don't quote me!)

I know its not good that he's away and its a worry but someone will step up, Shola and Best may not be the most prolific but they can come in and do a job for a few games, my preference would be Shola.

Maximum of five games (one being the Cup match) he could miss barring injury. :thup:

Best started after getting goals after Carroll left, he'll step up again!  O0

He scored in 4 league games over a 5 month period.

Which 5 month period was this?

Lovely to see you try to discard the hat-trick against WHU using games instead of goals. Lovely tactic to use against one of our own players for the greater good - ie ammunition against Pardew. Relentless.

Which 5 month period was this?

Lovely to see you try to discard the hat-trick against WHU using games instead of goals. Lovely tactic to use against one of our own players for the greater good - ie ammunition against Pardew. Relentless.

January to May.

I haven't discounted any goals, did he score in more than 4 league games last season?

Would it really cost 'that' much to at least get a striker on loan until the end of the season? Surely there's got to be players available for loan that aren't too pricey? If the permanent options are so expensive i mean.

Fucking annoying like!

He was injured from the start of March to the the last game of the season in late May.

He made 11 appearances in total and scored 6 league goals.

Excellent so he scored 1 game in 3, that's slightly better than this seasons 1 game in 6.  At least we can expect things to pick up slightly if we have to rely on him when we don't have Ba.

If you're talking about him starting, that record is redefined to 6 in 9. Or 4 games scored in out of 9.

That's a good record in anyone's book.

I haven't got a problem with Best as back up, I just wouldn't like to have to rely on him as our main source of goals.  I think he will do better if he's the main striker, I still don't think he'll get us enough goals to avoid us losing points.  I don't feel comfortable keep knocking him but I feel just as uncomfortable having to rely on him any more than we have to.

I don’t have the faith in him that you have but I do hope that you are right.

Guest ItalianMagpie

But we were interested in Maiga, and as far as I understood we didn't sign him cause of medical's failure. So could now somebody please explain me how come we're not interested in buying any new striker in January, according to Pards? What, we needed one only if we got Maiga?  :rolleyes:

But we were interested in Maiga, and as far as I understood we didn't sign him cause of medical's failure. So could now somebody please explain me how come we're not interested in buying any new striker in January, according to Pards? What, we needed one only if we got Maiga?  :rolleyes:

Cos it'd cost money