Striker Shortlist...

Guest VaVaVoom

Genuinely don't think we'll buy one, anyway. Prices will be too high for us.

Unfortunately, I think this too. Maiga was our main target (for the last 6 months or so) and now that that's a no goer, can't see any of our other supposed targets being pursued by us. They would be simply too expensive as you've pointed out.

Ashley's seen that Ba is performing well, Best isn't doing too bad of a job either so will probably think it's pointless to sign a new striker. There's also that hint of "oh well, we really tried this time" thing going on I reckon.

It's an odd one as we could probably muddle through without but a good partner/ACoN replacement for Ba would make such a difference. If I were only allowed one player I'd prefer a CB. We SHOULD be addressing both situations though but then again we SHOULD have in the summer.

Thing is, Williamson's back now. Why would we buy another centre back for the first team? If we do get one, I'd imagine he would be young, cheap or most likely both.

Because Williamson, as much as I like him, isn't a top 7 Premier League player and with him (and Perch) both being Hughton players it might hold some sway with the boards warped way of thinking plus he was cheap and I'd imagine doesn't command a "first team" wage.

Thing is, Williamson's back now. Why would we buy another centre back for the first team? If we do get one, I'd imagine he would be young, cheap or most likely both.

Because Williamson, as much as I like him, isn't a top 7 Premier League player and with him (and Perch) both being Hughton players it might hold some sway with the boards warped way of thinking.

No chance. They'll just think they need a stop-gap until Taylor comes back.

Because Williamson, as much as I like him, isn't a top 7 Premier League player and with him (and Perch) both being Hughton players it might hold some sway with the boards warped way of thinking.

Not convinced. We have three first teamers, with one out injured. Just the same as we were when the transfer window closed last time. A versatile upgrade on Perch is possible though I suppose.

Halfway down the second page and no mention of

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/1/27/1233057051262/Carlton-Cole-001.jpg

Still have inexplicable wish to see Gary Hooper here

:undecided:

Not sure about him now tbh. Would have taken him in the summer but now I'm pretty undecided, seems to me he's just the typical English striker - decent ability; decent movement; scores goals but nothing that sets the world alight.

Got a feeling we may sign Zamora

Proper London boy imo, couldn't see him moving elsewhere.  Was linked with Spurs last week in the Standard.

I think MON will try and get him for the mackems in Jan. He can be his new Heskey.