Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest mimifrench

Hatem Ben Arfa vs QPR - PL - NakkDZmendo

My God, he's definitely amazing! Seems that he's got glue on his feet!

Perfect close control, tremendous vision of the game and he still has his bloody acceleration...

And that pass at 3.05!!! Someone knows who missed it after?

His run with the ball on 2:30 was class just tried a bit to much. But the shear acceleration and knocking it left then right was quality. Played some quality passes also.  Reckon he could be unplayable at times once he gets a few full games.

Guest mimifrench

Ameobi.  :tongue:

He doesn't look like Ameobi... :undecided:

Best tried to square it for Ameobi but their defender got his foot to it and moved it away from him, so neither missed really.

Thanks, I saw your post after.  :lol: But I was targeted Best...

At least in that video, HBA seems to have a very good understanding on the pitch with Gutierrez... I never noticed it before.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Correct Mimi- was saying this myself in pre season that Jonas does look better and work better around movement and cleverer players.

He's such an excellent passer of the ball. Often don't forget/realise. There's only Cabaye in the squad that is better at/more confident to play a forward pass with real purpose. Really good at finding a man whilst in tight spaces, too. He's certainly learned in this department. Incidents like 02:50, he'd often persist with flicks and turns and try to work it out. He is being been more efficient defensively than when he first returned to the side; it's frustrating that Pardew keeps him out the side for (presumably) that reason.

03:07 btw, Ba's on the pitch and that's a goal. Infuriating stuff from Shola; why he wasn't absolutely powering for the front post i just don't know. Ridiculous forward play.

Jonas was basically doubling with everyone who happened to be on the ball really, wasn't just him and Ben Arfa. His free role meant he was an extra passing option for whoever was in possession as he wasn't confined to sticking on the left.

That fluid, fluent formation saw us play some pretty good football in the 20 or so mins before half time.

Aye it did. I was nervous when i saw us change to such a free formation, cos i feared for the durability of the set-up. I thought the lack of a rigid structure might let QPR slip through on the counter. But tbh it worked really well in the first half, we passed it around nicely and Jonas worked really well as the mid-ground between midfield and attack. Shame it petered out cos it looked quite attractive.

He's such an excellent passer of the ball. Often don't forget/realise. There's only Cabaye in the squad that is better at/more confident to play a forward pass with real purpose. Really good at finding a man whilst in tight spaces, too. He's certainly learned in this department. Incidents like 02:50, he'd often persist with flicks and turns and try to work it out. He is being been more efficient defensively than when he first returned to the side; it's frustrating that Pardew keeps him out the side for (presumably) that reason.

03:07 btw, Ba's on the pitch and that's a goal. Infuriating stuff from Shola; why he wasn't absolutely powering for the front post i just don't know. Ridiculous forward play.

Ben Arfa also plays the ball into space as a given - asking a bit more of the receiver and keeping them on their toes. philosophy of permanent movement and link up as opposed to people rigidly sticking to their position.

in terms of his own link up he's still got a way to go to integrate with the rest of the side, but that should come with time as long as Pardew wants that and is prepared to work on a more possession based system. Cabaye's another who hasn't perhaps lived up to expectations in terms of fluent football - his favourite move seems to be getting into space, checking his options and delivering a well hit, long-ish pass to the flanks, which is no surprise considering Pardew's primary attacking strategy is based on crosses and long passes onto the heads of Best, Ba and Shola.

The move which started at 2:44 was brilliant, we had nothing on and after some good passes he finds Coloccini in acres of space with a perfect pass.

why after the ball through to best at 3:05 didn't best go for goal on his right foot or even cut back in with his left as the keeper was already comitted. shola taking some undue stick over this when best is more so at fault.

The move which started at 2:44 was brilliant, we had nothing on and after some good passes he finds Coloccini in acres of space with a perfect pass.

why after the ball through to best at 3:05 didn't best go for goal on his right foot or even cut back in with his left as the keeper was already comitted. shola taking some undue stick over this when best is more so at fault.

If he's a striker who wants to score, he absolutely b-lines for the near post as soon as Leon has taken a touch. Scandalous how he just sauntered into the box with three defenders between him and Best.

If he's a striker who wants to score, he absolutely b-lines for the near post as soon as Leon has taken a touch. Scandalous how he just sauntered into the box with three defenders between him and Best.

at that point in the match shola looked like he was running through treacle. no urgency or energy. was sure he would be subbed.

i agree with that but why doesn't best go for goa or cut backl, he looks up and knows where shola is, poor finishing from best the more you look at it.

in fact he shouldn't bee line for the near post, he should have pulled out towards the penalty spot but about 8yds out

Ba would have gone for goal and I would have backed him to score, I can't wait for Ba and Tiote to get back, add Marveaux when fit and we could be frightening going forward.

Aye fair point i guess.

Not excusing him here, but i was impressed with Best on the whole. Pardew fashioned this new wider role when Hatem came on, and he took to it really well. Looked quick, few silky touches and you could tell he'd been asked to feed the main striker. Shame it was Shola cos on the day he was lazy as fuck, and i often think that's a bit of a myth with Shola at times. Not yesterday.

Aye fair point i guess.

Not excusing him here, but i was impressed with Best on the whole. Pardew fashioned this new wider role when Hatem came on, and he took to it really well. Looked quick, few silky touches and you could tell he'd been asked to feed the main striker. Shame it was Shola cos on the day he was lazy as f***, and i often think that's a bit of a myth with Shola at times. Not yesterday.

it's where space was, a decent footballer should see that and exploit it anyway without being told to by a manager.