Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Aye, a wannabe who's on course to beat the points totals from our last 7 Premier League seasons, including Bobby's last one.

And how many 'flair' players did Bobby have? You could argue that Robert was one, certainly, but his statistics, directness and contribution towards Shearer's game made him undroppable.

As per usual, Ben Arfa should come first.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mental when we have enough points not to get relegated and somehow Ben Arfa plays for us and we can argue about starting him.

Ha! Remember when it was all a bit shite :lol:

I don't get the problem with Ben Arfa losing the ball - As long as he does it in the right areas, that is. If he's fucking about in his own penalty area, someone needs to have a word with him but if he's looking to unlock the opposition in the final third then I'm glad he's taking chances.

Most of the time we welly the ball up field we lose possession

Most of the time Ryan Taylor swings a cross in from deep, we lose possession

Most of the time anyone tries anything that might unlock the opposition, we WILL lose possession. It's fucking inevitable.

You have to take these chances though to try to score goals, it's what the game is all about. Ben Arfa running at his man is no worse or more risky than a Ryan Taylor cross or a hoof up to Shola and Best. If he's losing the ball when running at his man in the final third, then bloody good. Because sooner rather than later he'll beat his man and we'll end up creating a great chance.

I don't get the problem with Ben Arfa losing the ball - As long as he does it in the right areas, that is. If he's f***ing about in his own penalty area, someone needs to have a word with him but if he's looking to unlock the opposition in the final third then I'm glad he's taking chances.

Most of the time we welly the ball up field we lose possession

Most of the time Ryan Taylor swings a cross in from deep, we lose possession

Most of the time anyone tries anything that might unlock the opposition, we WILL lose possession. It's f***ing inevitable.

You have to take these chances though to try to score goals, it's what the game is all about. Ben Arfa running at his man is no worse or more risky than a Ryan Taylor cross or a hoof up to Shola and Best. If he's losing the ball when running at his man in the final third, then bloody good. Because sooner rather than later he'll beat his man and we'll end up creating a great chance.

I think the way Pardew and HBA's skeptics see it, is that generally when HBA loses the ball we are attacking with numbers. Therefore, players are making runs in behind the opposition defence and are caught out of position, if the pass is intercepted or HBA is disposessed. Therefore we are more vulnerable to being punished on the counter attack because defensivley we are lacking numbers and are out of shape. Whereas when an unattractive long ball from Simpson or R.Taylor is played to Ameobi or Best and the ball is won back by the opposition, we still have enough players behind the ball to have a large enough chance to win it back. Pardew is playing the percentages, rather than the risky attractive football that HBA offers.

Guest magpie99

Whilst I thought he played well yesterday when he came on, I thought he was wasted on the right. QPR doubled up on him everytime and he was forced to try and take on all comers to get into the box. Personally, I think Pardew bottled it yesterday when Cabaye got injured. He should have played HBA behind the front two with Guthrie in the Tiote role. I would also have brought on Obertan in the second half on the right because Clint Hill was there for the taking.

HBA would have had a much better opportunity for creating chances through the middle.

Aye, a wannabe who's on course to beat the points totals from our last 7 Premier League seasons, including Bobby's last one.

And how many 'flair' players did Bobby have? You could argue that Robert was one, certainly, but his statistics, directness and contribution towards Shearer's game made him undroppable.

As per usual, Ben Arfa should come first.

What? So just because we are doing well, Pardew is immune to criticisms? I'll remember next time you open your mouth on him. You must be one of the few numpties who thinks that Pardew is doing a fantastic job managing HBA especially when he starts the likes of Obertan and Raylor ahead of him  :lol:

Given that he is the closest we have to a genuine playmaker i.e. someone that can make things happen, him playing regularly is linked to the team doing well, his interest and the team's are not exclusive of each other, in fact I'd suggest there's a fairly strong correlation.

The clamour for Ben Arfa to start and reactions when he doesn't is getting a little silly now. Every time the team is announced and he isn't starting it's a "shit line up" "Pardew has cost us the game already" etc..

I like Ben Arfa, in fact I think he is brilliant, for someone who is constantly trying to open up play and move the ball across the pitch It's remarkable he hardly ever loses the ball when passing. However he does lose the ball quite a lot when trying to do it all on his own and this is probably why he isnt getting as many starts as he really should. Give me a creative, exciting player every time over a hard working slogger as a fan but as a calculated manager i can understand the apprehension.

Ben Arfa changed the whole style of play yesterday to our benefit and it was good to see this acknowledged by Pardew but he was still guilty of trying to do it all and if QPR had better finishes this would have cost us on one occasion.

Personally I would start him but while we are getting results and exceeding expectations I'm not gonna kick off every time he is on the bench.

The clamour for Ben Arfa to start and reactions when he doesn't is getting a little silly now. Every time the team isn't announced and he isn't starting it's a "shit line up" "Pardew has cost us the game already" etc..

That boat sailed in November :(

We were surprisingly open at the back and in midfield yesterday, particularly when so many on here didn't make much of QPR as a team - slightly concerned that our front 5 weren't doing enough as a unit.

They weren't helped by Krul and Simpson blindly launching the ball forward though.

People are starting to talk about Ben Arfa losing posession so the s*** that is getting thrown at him by his manager is starting to stick.

Bit of "chicken and egg" about that staement Mick. The assertion you make probably only comes about because the shit about there being some kind of rift is starting to stick.

I actually think Pardew loves HBA (who in their right mind wouldn't?) and what I've heard him say is normally complimentary or at very least realistic.

People are starting to talk about Ben Arfa losing posession so the s*** that is getting thrown at him by his manager is starting to stick.

Bit of "chicken and egg" about that staement Mick. The assertion you make probably only comes about because the s*** about there being some kind of rift is starting to stick.

I actually think Pardew loves HBA (who in their right mind wouldn't?) and what I've heard him say is normally complimentary or at very least realistic.

dunno like, i've seen sod all wrong with ben arfa's workrate, especially compared to others who regularly get starts.

Bit of "chicken and egg" about that staement Mick. The assertion you make probably only comes about because the s*** about there being some kind of rift is starting to stick.

dunno like, i've seen sod all wrong with ben arfa's workrate, especially compared to others who regularly get starts.

Don't know what you're replying to mate ???

But anyway I agree, his workrate yesterday was excellent, as was the rest of his game.

But anyway I agree, his workrate yesterday was excellent, as was the rest of his game.

i was replying to you over the assertion that what pardew has said about ben arfa is complimentary or realistic when all the bits about his workrate etc have been tosh.

i was replying to you over the assertion that what pardew has said about ben arfa is complimentary or realistic when all the bits about his workrate etc have been tosh.

Gotcha. Although I haven't heard nowt from Pardew I'd class as anything more than "constructive crticism" - certainly no direct criticism and most of it very complimentary.

Still everyone (especially the press) loves a manager versus cavalier player story, a la HBA, Robert, Ginola all the way back to Stan Bowles and the like.

Guest mimifrench

In his very long interview to L'Equipe today, HBA said that now he wants "to give love" to people!  :love:

Don't know if you can understand it but it's a very very interesting interview, at least to understand the philosophy of the man...

So now, you (the Geordie) have just to take his love, ok?  :lol: And of course let him play Pardew!

Guest mimifrench

Mimi, did you hear the reception he got when he came on yesterday? We already do.

No, sorry I didn't hear but I'm sure it was great! I was just joking... I know most of the Toon supporters like him (at least I hope so!).

By the way,  he's right, he gave me love when he scored that goal against Blackburn!

But he could score loads of goals like that if he keeps working hard...

Mimi, did you hear the reception he got when he came on yesterday? We already do.

No, sorry I didn't hear but I'm sure it was great! I was just joking... I know most of the Toon supporters like him (at least I hope so!).

By the way,  he's right, he gave me love when he scored that goal against Blackburn!

But he could score loads of goals like that if he keeps working hard...

It's a long time since we loved/appreciated so many of our first team squad.

HBA is right up there, I personally know no one who doesn't love him and what he brings to the team.