Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I don't think losing Tiote would be as big a blow as most make out.

Why?

He's a decent defensive midfielder no doubt, but his disciplinary record, his recent injury record and his lesser performances against 'weaker' opposition mean we could probably pick up a decent replacement for a fraction of the fee he'd command.

Yeah...We would probably have won 3-0 against ManU without him. And we would have lost 8-0 against Tham had Tiote played....

Why in the hell would they drop Nasri? he was one of their better players and that's even if you ignore the goal.

Malouda being shite as usual was the major problem, that and Benzema forgetting he's a CF and not an AM :lol:

I'd personally drop Malouda for Giroud, Ben Arfa or Menez..... quite frankly all 3 of them would make France a crap load better than with Malouda.

Ah, seems Malouda will be out too.

Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair

Several thoughts about France before game v. Ukraine, starting with possible XI, as reported by L'Equipe, who generally get it right.

That'd be: Lloris - Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra - Cabaye, M'Vila, Martin - Menez, Benzema, Ribery. So Nasri to come off the bench.

Again, this is a 'possible' XI, as predicted by L'Equipe, based on training sessions and contacts within the camp, nothing 'official'.

That midfield three looks a vast improvement on the one we faced.

Ah, seems Malouda will be out too.

Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair

That'd be: Lloris - Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Evra - Cabaye, M'Vila, Martin - Menez, Benzema, Ribery. So Nasri to come off the bench.

That midfield three looks a vast improvement on the one we faced.

Ah right :thup: i still dont understand the Nasri benching he thought along with Debuchy and Cabaye he was France's best player.

If they had Cabaye-M'Vila-Nasri Menez-Benzema-Ribery i would understand it and probably agree with it but benching Nasri to me makes no sense at all.

Guest Spiria

In Laurent Blanc opinion, Menez is much more skillful than Hatem.

And he decides to start him against Ukraine because Hatem  brings nothing against England in 6 minutes.

I guess this means he will not have game time.

And he decides to start him against Ukraine because Hatem  bring nothing against England in 6 minutes.

I guess this means he will not have game time.

If he gets no gametime based on 6 minutes at the end of a match then it's a travesty tbh.

Let's be honest, he only just squeezed into the squad, he's clearly not considered an important squad member never mind a starter. Be nice to see him get more time on the pitch but I doubt he'll be getting more than 10mins here and there.

Guest hatem garrincha

And he decides to start him against Ukraine because Hatem  bring nothing against England in 6 minutes.

If you read that in menly.fr, that was a parody.

Menez played because of his big form in training.

Guest hatem garrincha

Let's be honest, he only just squeezed into the squad, he's clearly not considered an important squad member let alone a starter. Be nice to see him get more time on the pitch but I doubt he'll be getting more than 10mins here and there.

That's right.

Let's be honest, he only just squeezed into the squad, he's clearly not considered an important squad member never mind a starter. Be nice to see him get more time on the pitch but I doubt he'll be getting more than 10mins here and there.

Agree, too early for him to be looking to get much playing time with France, another two years of the form he's showed the last few monthsof the season though and he'll be a shoo-in.

What is this 'shoo in'?

Unlucky mate.

It's a common mispelling by all accounts! (shoe in) and me a teacher :blush:

Yeah I know mate, done it plenty of times myself.  :lol: Just you went in with such confidence it was basically a full toss for Dave to smash for 6.