Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

FFS. Is it so f***ing hard to separate players like HBA and defensive minded players with ditto duties in their game? Unbelievable.

I'm not sure what that mines, but think i might agree

People are complaining about Ben Arfa's work rate as it was supposed to be a part of his game. 1) Not sure why they complain in the first place, it's not like there's a million examples of him showing this lack of work rate as opposed to other players in this club. 2) Ben Arfa is an attacking minded player, a ball carrier and therefore he needs movement in front of him. It's quite astonishing the way people are slagging him off already when you look at the whole situation, or more precisely the environment he's been given to create something in. 3) Whether he plays on the wing or in the trequarista role he can't be shot down for lack of work rate on the same level as the players in the team who ACTUALLY have those responsibilities. I'm not saying he's supposed to jog around or walk around not giving a fuck like Shola, and get away with it, but that's not the reality of it either. At the end of the day there's nothing to complain about. With Ben Arfa's potential given freedom in a team with genuine quality and movement in front of him, it's criminal to suggest him getting benched for Obertan. My word, have some love for the game.

FFS. Is it so f***ing hard to separate players like HBA and defensive minded players with ditto duties in their game? Unbelievable.

People are complaining about Ben Arfa's work rate as it was supposed to be a part of his game. 1) Not sure why they complain in the first place, it's not like there's a million examples of him showing this lack of work rate as opposed to other players in this club. 2) Ben Arfa is an attacking minded player, a ball carrier and therefore he needs movement in front of him. It's quite astonishing the way people are slagging him off already when you look at the whole situation, or more precisely the environment he's been given to create something in. 3) Whether he plays on the wing or in the trequarista role he can't be shot down for lack of work rate on the same level as the players in the team who ACTUALLY have those responsibilities. I'm not saying he's supposed to jog around or walk around not giving a f*** like Shola, and get away with it, but that's not the reality of it either. At the end of the day there's nothing to complain about. With Ben Arfa's potential given freedom in a team with genuine quality and movement in front of him, it's criminal to suggest him getting benched for Obertan. My word, have some love for the game.

Yip. I do agree.  Apart from the Shola bit.  Pards'll have him dropped now with the Double Demba's back and most of the fans know what he is

Are people really complaining about lack of work rate and selflishness?

I dont see the fans of Suarez, Aguero, RVP, Bale, Ibra, Messi, CR7, Robben etc etc complaining about selfishness and lack of work rate.....

No because they make the difference for thier team and thier star players.....

Just like Ben Arfa is for us, seriously some of the comments people make boggle the mind.

Guest hatem garrincha

People are complaining about Ben Arfa's work rate as it was supposed to be a part of his game. 1) Not sure why they complain in the first place, it's not like there's a million examples of him showing this lack of work rate as opposed to other players in this club. 2) Ben Arfa is an attacking minded player, a ball carrier and therefore he needs movement in front of him. It's quite astonishing the way people are slagging him off already when you look at the whole situation, or more precisely the environment he's been given to create something in. 3) Whether he plays on the wing or in the trequarista role he can't be shot down for lack of work rate on the same level as the players in the team who ACTUALLY have those responsibilities. I'm not saying he's supposed to jog around or walk around not giving a f*** like Shola, and get away with it, but that's not the reality of it either. At the end of the day there's nothing to complain about. With Ben Arfa's potential given freedom in a team with genuine quality and movement in front of him, it's criminal to suggest him getting benched for Obertan. My word, have some love for the game.

In an ideal world, I would say the same, but in Pardew's world, he has to play simply, track back, blindly cross it into the box etc. in order to get some starts  :(

1. He's our most gifted player.

2. They were ALL shit vs Blackburn (except Krul and Colo).

3. The alternative is Obertan.

4. He's involved in many of our goals.

5. He's up against Stephen Warnock.

....all reasons why playing on Sunday is a no-brainer.

In an ideal world, I would say the same, but in Pardew's world, he has to play simply, track back, blindly cross it into the box etc. in order to get some starts  :(

He has been getting starts

Guest hatem garrincha

Always with the knife under the throat...

Always with the knife under the throat...

Starts nontheless.  No one is undroppable

Yeah Pardew's world is fucking shit :(

Flair players simply do not play well every single week, it's the nature of the beast. Messi is the exception, not the rule. David Silva's been shit for weeks incidentally.

I can feel all the old annoyance coming back, arguing with people who were happy to see Robert benched and Bowyer on the left because he ran around a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch Newcastle no matter what league we were in but when we're in the Premier League and especially now, near the top end of it, I expect us to try and get the best out of the most talented at our disposal because that's the way to compete.

I really think we can make the Champions League this year if we play our cards right and we won't push our way ahead of outfits like Chelsea and Arsenal, however flawed they may be, with graft alone.

Guest hatem garrincha

Yeah Pardew's world is f***ing s*** :(

In term of results, Pardew is a king and... a king maker.

In term of football (the game), he's f***ing s***, yes.

Guest hatem garrincha

Are people really complaining about lack of work rate and selflishness?

They are, and the emphasis put on it by Pardew is the cause of it all imo.

Agree.

That's why, Wullie (previous post), Hatem has to be consistent week in, week out.

Flair players simply do not play well every single week, it's the nature of the beast. Messi is the exception, not the rule. David Silva's been shit for weeks incidentally.

I can feel all the old annoyance coming back, arguing with people who were happy to see Robert benched and Bowyer on the left because he ran around a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch Newcastle no matter what league we were in but when we're in the Premier League and especially now, near the top end of it, I expect us to try and get the best out of the most talented at our disposal because that's the way to compete.

I really think we can make the Champions League this year if we play our cards right and we won't push our way ahead of outfits like Chelsea and Arsenal, however flawed they may be, with graft alone.

It's the "proper players" argument all over again  :frantic:

Guest hatem garrincha

We are 5th in the league and the 6th highest scorers by the way, the boring c*** that is Alan Pardew  :angry:

And ?

Chelsea are 4th in the league and boring as f***

All Mourinho's teams are boring despite all their titles and amount of goals

Argentina won the world cup in 1986 with a boring football and the genius of Diego

Enjoying the results doesn't mean enjoy the game.

We are 5th in the league and the 6th highest scorers by the way, the boring c*** that is Alan Pardew  :angry:

And ?

Argentina won the world cup in 1986 with a boring football and the genius of Diego

Swansea are apparently exciting despite scoring 10 less than us, swap?

And ?

a short while ago we were relegated pal.  Shite football, worse results, no pride and total chaos (yet we kept showing up week in week out).  we'll enjoy what we like thanks

They are, and the emphasis put on it by Pardew is the cause of it all imo.

I said that a few weeks ago and it’s disgusting man management.  I understand some players need a kick up the arse and saying things in private could work, to keep saying it in the press is pathetic.