Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Bramble wasn't THAT bad. Not costing a lot, could be handy occasionally.  Every thing started to turn bad since the arrival of Bowyer.

Bramble is the worse ever player to play in the BPL. Even Woodgate couldn't help him.

Ok, I'll play along with this tripe. The season Woodgate and Bramble were our main partnership we had the 5th best defensive record in the league, even with Bobby's attacking style. Helpless.

So that automatically makes him a good defender?

Ok I was slightly going over the top when I said he was the worse to appear in the league but there's no doubt he's a big clown and the sooner he was sold the better.

Laurent Robert :sweetjesus:

:lol: Feel like I would have loved this guy, based on youtube.

Robert was the shit Mike, one of my all time favourite players for us, a real maverick, as you can see from the clips, he had a real thunderbastard of a left peg, but besides that, he was a very canny player, a real cult hero in my book :thup:

We had a great team back then, even watching the compilation has made me feel instantly better, we played with a real swag, scored tons of goals, we were everybody's second favourite team, truly good times  :smug:

In fact it's the only thing that keeps me going tbh, thinking back to what we were back then under KK and SBR  :(

Changed days guys, changed days

And yes, it hurts like hell to see those videos, while it's suprisingly uplifting to see what this can be about rather than the apathy and anger.

Was just about too young to really experience Keegan's side, but Sir Bobby's formed me as a football supporter. Anything was possible with that team. So many loveable players and the most dignified manager in the world.

Bramble was shit, but for me he is still behind Boumsong, Ramage, Cacapa and maybe Huntington. Probably on par with Williamson.

The numbers represent their appearances for the club how the hell did Bramble get more than 100 is beyond me.

Bramble (105)

Boumsong (47)

Ramage (51)

Cacapa (29)

Huntington (11)

Bramble had everything apart from a brain.

And that makes a central defender worse than useless. Mental that so many managers kept trying to get something from him that wasn't there.

To be fair, he looked canny at Ipswich as a youngster, I was delighted when we signed him.

Oh well  :undecided:

And that makes a central defender worse than useless. Mental that so many managers kept trying to get something from him that wasn't there.

He wasn't worse than useless, though. He had far more good games than bad.

His major problem was a bad dose of the brain farts in game. He could be playing very well at times and then BOOM  :lol: he'd go and do something inexplicably stupid.

You just couldn't rely on him to see out 90 mins, hassle free

Guest firetotheworks

I was wondering when the Bramble debate would come back around again. He was shite. As a defender he was the sum total of crap because his mistakes were almost always absolutely suicidal and were almost always punished. You can be Ferdinand for 90% of the time, but if you make one mistake that results in conceding 9 times out of 10, then as a defender, you're useless.

He couldn't be relied upon to concentrate. Obvious to everyone. I know all fans have a mancrush or some player or other but Bramble ain't worth the love.

And then got Jenas rather than Prutton.

Think the only bad choice around that time was going for Bramble rather than wrapping up Distin.

Think we had a more than decent offer in front of Distin but he was fishing for more money. Shame aswell as he was quality when we had him.

Bramble was s***, but for me he is still behind Boumsong, Ramage, Cacapa and maybe Huntington. Probably on par with Williamson.

Cacapa  :lol:

Man, who was that dude. So frail and weak.

That debut (?) where he got manhandled by some tonk Portsmouth striker at home.

Hideous.

Bramble was s***, but for me he is still behind Boumsong, Ramage, Cacapa and maybe Huntington. Probably on par with Williamson.

Hideous.

IIRC he was immense in his first few games and then the Portsmouth game come along and he was essentially a train wreck from then on. Benjani wasn't it?

Hideous.

IIRC he was immense in his first few games and then the Portsmouth game come along and he was essentially a train wreck from then on. Benjani wasn't it?

That's how I remember it too.