Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Guest firetotheworks

He had moments, and that's all it would have taken for most. Obviously those moments were because the defence was constantly exposed by a horrific midfield. Still though, he could have left and it would have been people saying he was terrible and people sticking up for him, just like a lot of players from our past.

Guest icemanblue

Coloccini could quite easily have gone after one season and we'd be having a similar conversation about him. It just goes to show that it's worth being patient when players don't make an immediate impact.

Agreed, both him and Enrique were toilet when they first played

They really, really, really, were not 'toilet'. They struggled to adapt, but their class was obvious from the start, Colo especially.

:lol: Colocini was absolutely awful in his first season. You should be a scout man, that obvious class he had when being consistently awful. Well done.:thup:

If the sole ability a scout requires is 20/20 vision, then I guess I'll give it a shot.

:lol: yes it is. But Colo needed that season in the championship to improve as a player. Had he have left, I can't imagine how many visionaries would have said "yeah but he was obviously class".

He's a great player, I'm not arguing otherwise, but it's churlish in the extreme to suggest he was anything but very poor in his first season

I can definitely remember Alan Smith having to jump in front of him because he was so useless in the air. Class now obviously.

Guest reefatoon

I remember Rozenhal's missing our one and only chance against Derby. Our onlychance. Against Derby, ffs. :lol:

God, that game was absolutely mind numbing.