Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Not sure why he didn't hit that himself at the end. Looked like it was set perfectly for him to shoot.

Probably because he got slaughtered for doing so in the last match.

Possibly, but you'd think he is able to evaluate when and when not to shoot. I'd stop short of blaming him for us losing, Pardew (Shola, really?) and Debuchy get that award, but HBA's decison making always leaves a lot to be desired. How can someone who is capable of such sublime football be seemingly so dense at key moments.

Possibly, but you'd think he is able to evaluate when and when not to shoot. I'd stop short of blaming him for us losing, Pardew (Shola, really?) and Debuchy get that award, but HBA's decison making always leaves a lot to be desired. How can someone who is capable of such sublime football be seemingly so dense at key moments.

Ben Arfa is like every other player, they all make wrong decisions.

He's not the player he thinks he is, nor many on here think he is.

He is, however, probably our best player, and to bench him for Shola bastardinguslesscunt Ameobi is a pisstake of the highest order. Bordering on negligence from the utter coward in the dugout.

Why does Pardew keep putting him on the left? He's shit on the left pretty much every time he's put there. If he's going to play him he may aswell put him in his best position.

Dunno what happened at the end. Remy's pass seemed to put him wide but thought he could still hit it. Still when that wanker Shola is producing fuck all and still starting games, I'm not going to slag off Ben Arfa.

He is, however, probably our best player, and to bench him for Shola bastardinguslesscunt Ameobi is a pisstake of the highest order. Bordering on negligence from the utter coward in the dugout.

Couldn't agree more with this.

I think it's a case of him trying to hard to "stake a claim" at a starting position by doing everything himself at the moment though. He does a lot of selfish things when starting as well mind, but nothing like what he does as a substitute.

Boom!

Guest bimpy474

Well lets just sell our most exciting player, i mean the fact he's lacking in confidence, has started one game in ages and despite being good in that being dropped the next, then he doesn't start ahead of the worst current Premiership player around. And he then doesn't produce today in a massively negative team set up not to lose, played in a position that is clearly not his best.

Lets just play Obertan instead, thick fuckers.

Yeah lets just sell him and show him no faith whatsover.

Not sure why he didn't hit that himself at the end. Looked like it was set perfectly for him to shoot.

Probably because he got slaughtered for doing so in the last match.

Plays mainly as a sub, that's the problem IMO

He would do okay as a sub if he came into a functional team. On Sunday we were hoofing it long when he came on, and today we went down to 10 men.

Guest firetotheworks

He is not learning to adapt his game, ball greedy, aelfish whatever you call it he is not learnung and its why he is not starting.

Even if that were 100%, it's forgetting that the alternative in Shola is 100% shit and always will be.

Ben Arfa may be greedy/lacking intelligence etc but we've all seen what he is capable of. People praise Pardew's handling of him but each time he comes on; attacking role seems to be pinned entirely on him with the likes of shola just to be static and nod things down. It's poor management of the player and those around him. He is our best player regardless of whether you think he's overrated/Eusebio.

Guest bimpy474

There is a massive misunderstanding between Hatem and other teammates.

What misunderstanding is that?

I would say that Hatem wants to attack and the rest of the team doesn't really want to, no moar goals :lol:

There is a massive misunderstanding between Hatem and other teammates.

What misunderstanding is that?

I mean it seems like the other teammates simply cannot understand or predict what Hatem's going to do (i.e. the lack of movement to support Hatem) and vice versa (e.g. the long hoof to no one) and thus the team always look broken when Hatem's there.

You cannot ask 10 of them to fight and play as a team and have one luxury player who can do what he wants.

I love Benny as mufh as the next fan but its so fkn annoying that he is not learning and its that refusal to adapt that has him on the bench.

Spot on.