Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

:lol: tbf to Ron he did say "in my book"

:lol:

I couldn't resist it, i love Ron me like, a straighter talker you will not find.

I like Gouffran a lot, like, but I look for ability to beat a man and delivery out wide.

Before Pardew came in there was never any discussion about how hard this guy worked or tracked back, or trying to do too much etc etc. He was just free to play, and was a threat to the opposition. The only potential issue was his fitness, as he had a few injuries.

So cruel that now he is fit enough to play, we have a dimwit in charge that keeps telling us he isn't good enough. To hell with Pardew, and his wannabe Mourinho crap. To hell with him. Deep down I think Pardew is envious of the guy tbh. Hated the adulation Ben Arfa got. He's a loser.

Guest bimpy474

I couldn't resist it, i love Ron me like, a straighter talker you will not find.

I like Gouffran a lot, like, but I look for ability to beat a man and delivery out wide.

Correct, we are playing with wide midfielders not wingers. They're meant to tuck in and leave the spaces for our full backs to cross balls in. While Debuchy is not bad at it, Santon is awful and keeps cutting in himself leaving us lopsided as feck. And while Dummett is an improvement delivery wise from the left, i'm not sure he's a long term answer, although i do quite like him tbh.

Before Pardew came in there was never any discussion about how hard this guy worked or tracked back, or trying to do too much etc etc. He was just free to play, and was a threat to the opposition. The only potential issue was his fitness, as he had a few injuries.

So cruel that now he is fit enough to play, we have a dimwit in charge that keeps telling us he isn't good enough. To hell with Pardew, and his wannabe Mourinho crap. To hell with him. Deep down I think Pardew is envious of the guy tbh. Hated the adulation Ben Arfa got. He's a loser.

Don't you remember all the flack David Silva got for not tracking back?

Correct, we are playing with wide midfielders not wingers. They're meant to tuck in and leave the spaces for our full backs to cross balls in. While Debuchy is not bad at it, Santon is awful and keeps cutting in himself leaving us lopsided as feck. And while Dummett is an improvement delivery wise from the left, i'm not sure he's a long term answer although i do quite like him tbh.

:thup:

Agree with Bimpys assessment.

Fwiw, I really like Gouffran. He's a good all rounder, chips in with assists and goals. I was fuming with Sissoko after Villa, then he goes and gets a brace.

before Pardew came in he only played about 2.5 games man.

There's no argument for playing Gouffran put wide over Hatem, like.

Gouffran is not a good example, he has been one of our better players irrespective of where he has played.

He's never performed like a wide player should in my book.

You seem to have quite a fairly unique book though in fairness.

Do yourselves a favour, don't watch any of his compilation vids from the last couple of seasons, makes your head hurt wondering why he doesn't play.

Someone who didn't know Shola could watch his compilation video and wonder why he doesn't play. Those videos are all edited highlights. There's no video compilation of Ben Arfa's lowlights.

:lol: Unreal.

Do yourselves a favour, don't watch any of his compilation vids from the last couple of seasons, makes your head hurt wondering why he doesn't play.

Someone who didn't know Shola could watch his compilation video and wonder why he doesn't play. Those videos are all edited highlights. There's no video compilation of Ben Arfa's lowlights.

Which Shola compilation would this be?

Which Shola compilation would this be?

The one with all his goals.

Yes he doesn't track back, yes he will cost us goals....but we'll win more games with him playing than not.

Simple.

Not this season we haven't. We have won more games without him.

I'd love Ben Arfa to be as good as some people on here think he is. He seems massively more popular on here than he is with the fans I sit around in the Gallowgate.