Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

I think with Hatem people just feel we should be getting more out of him and a more capable manager would achieve that.

He's got a lot of talent but he's clearly lacks the application and mentality to put it down week in week out.

All that being said I'd rather see him play than not play due to our rigid boring style of play

Hatem's worked with some really good managers but they struggled to get things out of him consistently. The back end of 11/12 was his best career run, in my opinion, and we won't see that again. Even though he came back on fire for 12/13, the balance to his play wasn't quite the same as it had been before. I don't know if it was Pardew, HBA or a mixture of both but he's regressed as a player since. I don't think he truly grasped everything he was doing then that made him as good as he was.

I think even the staunchest HBA fan could admit he hasn't been all he could be but the way he is treated compared to others by the management is ridiculous. He gets called out for not getting goals/assists/winning games on his own and then you look at what the replacements and other forward players who've played in his place offer. It's staggering.

More talented was what was I read. Use the search function, but you can probably guess who made the KK comment by yourself. Everything I've said there has been said on here in the past 18 months.

I don't want to bring up what people have said when they're using hearts instead of heads because I'm terrible for it, especially after games, but Hatem's got a loyal and dedicated following on here who make him out to be something above what he is. He's a lovely footballer but nowhere near that level.

He's the type you have to stick with through thick and thin and not discard at the first bad game which is what Pards has done every time. Or play him on the left etc...Pards prefers his workhorses who run up and down a lot.

"Not enough goals and assists"

From the bloke who played Jonas in that position for years, and now plays Gouffran there. :lol:

To be fair, the idiot is saying that if you don't score or assist he wants you to run around like a headless chicken, which Jonas exelled in

I hate Pardew

From the bloke who played Jonas in that position for years, and now plays Gouffran there. :lol:

Harsh to mention those 2 in the same sentence tbh - Gouffran has the amount of premier league goals this season that Jonas managed in 5 years!

I think Pardew would be right to expect more of Hatem if he actually relieved some of his defensive duties and set up a team which would play to his strengths as it stands at present his criticism appears to be disingenuous to say the least

My personal opinion is that the two standout goals he scored very few players could score. Bale probably, but a very small amount. I think he's extremely talented but what sets him back is mentality. 

I do think he'd be a far better player with KK mind. For me he's still our best player, consistent or not he should be in that team.

Would he have scored those 2 standout goals against decent opposition though?

He's a flat track bully.

My personal opinion is that the two standout goals he scored very few players could score. Bale probably, but a very small amount. I think he's extremely talented but what sets him back is mentality. 

I do think he'd be a far better player with KK mind. For me he's still our best player, consistent or not he should be in that team.

Would he have scored those 2 standout goals against decent opposition though?

He's a flat track bully.

Agreed. Such a shame the 19 other teams in the Premier League are all superb.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ben-arfas-goal.jpg

He's a winger who's job it is to get at his fullback, and he's capable of doing it against most fullbacks on his day. To suggest he's a flat-track bully because his 2 best goals have been scored against Premiership opposition outside of the top 4 is just strange.

I completely disagree with Pardew in his treatment of Ben Arfa. If he is now saying he has to end the season well in order to be here next year then at least play him and give him a consistent chance to show what he can do with a bit of support.

He's a winger who's job it is to get at his fullback, and he's capable of doing it against most fullbacks on his day. To suggest he's a flat-track bully because his 2 best goals have been scored against Premiership opposition outside of the top 4 is just strange.

Made a complete mockery of the best left back I've seen play for Newcastle too.

Made a complete mockery of the best left back I've seen play for Newcastle too.

:thup:

Little or no forward movement (from the midfield unit) means the assists will be on the lowish side. And it's difficult for the lad to carve out a wonder goal, carrying it from deep - sometimes from RB.

Catch 22 situation for this lad, due to how Pardoo sets the team up.

:thup: Shame some are too thick to see it.

I thought Pardew had given up on Ben Arfa? With Remy out of the side he's had to swallow his pride and bring him back into contention after watching us lose to Fulham. Can't even stick to his own shit principles.