Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Do yourselves a favour, don't watch any of his compilation vids from the last couple of seasons, makes your head hurt wondering why he doesn't play.

Someone who didn't know Shola could watch his compilation video and wonder why he doesn't play. Those videos are all edited highlights. There's no video compilation of Ben Arfa's lowlights.

Do yourselves a favour, don't watch any of his compilation vids from the last couple of seasons, makes your head hurt wondering why he doesn't play.

Someone who didn't know Shola could watch his compilation video and wonder why he doesn't play. Those videos are all edited highlights. There's no video compilation of Ben Arfa's lowlights.

Difference being, Shola's span almost 15 years, whereas Ben Arfa's can be taken from one match.

We could be deadly with Remy-LDJ-HBA up front.

Gouffran/Sissoko are Pardew's favourite players and both have done well in their respective positions this season.

The Goufran/Sissoko combination does have its advantages and they've done an admirable job but there's no excitement there, it's not exactly swashbuckling football, they're just reliable workhorses (Bar Sissoko's last performance). There's definitely an argument to play that formation in some games, undoubtably, but against the lower clubs I'd love to see what an attacking unit of Remy, HBA and LDJ could do :drool:

You can guarantee that's how Keegan would set us up. Now is the best time to try, we're safe ffs.

Difference being, Shola's span almost 15 years, whereas Ben Arfa's can be taken from one match.

The point still stands though. They are highlights videos. Ben Arfa is far from perfect.

I'd happily sell Ben Arfa if we got Clément Grenier or Rémy Cabella instead. I'd be surprised if those two didn't put in more consistent performances than Ben Arfa does.

I really can't see Liverpool or the like coming in for Ben Arfa. He's more likely to end up in Turkey or Russia.

There's no argument for playing Gouffran put wide over Hatem, like.

Gouffran is not a good example, he has been one of our better players irrespective of where he has played.

He's never performed like a wide player should in my book.

I think the main reason for his disappointing performances this season has definitely been a lack of movement around him and with Remy's pace, LDJ popping up all across the front line spreading out play and now even Anita getting into forward positions this is the perfect time to get him back on the pitch. If anything it'll put an end to the argument on whether it's HBA's commitment/ability that has caused him to stall or the tactics/formations that have stifled him.

Just once Pards, just try it ffs!

Gouffran is not a good example, he has been one of our better players irrespective of where he has played.

You seem to have quite a fairly unique book though in fairness.

Guest bimpy474

You seem to have quite a fairly unique book though in fairness.

http://i.imgur.com/PnZaihp.png

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

:lol: tbf to Ron he did say "in my book"

:lol:

I couldn't resist it, i love Ron me like, a straighter talker you will not find.