Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Love him to come in and just tear them apart. Leaving Pardew with no option but to play him much like back end of 11/12. He's my favourite player we've had for a long, long time. Gutted that he's inevitably off at the end of the season.

Every time HBA is fit, people pipe up with the "have a feeling he will be magic this weekend/hope he pisses all ower them/he'll give Pardew no option but to play him" stuff, then maybes 1 time out of 10 he has a canny game.

Ergh, HBA hater.

I'd rather persevere with him having that 1 in 10 game than have no creativity on the wings every game with Gouff and Sissoko.

I don't know the answer, but I'm guessing both of those have a better goals and assists to game ratio than HBA?

I would start HBA by the way, but really don't think he is the next Messi like half of this board. Fuck, if Shola can get a game...

I'd rather persevere with him having that 1 in 10 game than have no creativity on the wings every game with Gouff and Sissoko.

I'm guessing both of those have a better goals and assists to game ratio than HBA?

Stats  :scared:

Love him to come in and just tear them apart. Leaving Pardew with no option but to play him much like back end of 11/12. He's my favourite player we've had for a long, long time. Gutted that he's inevitably off at the end of the season.

Every time HBA is fit, people pipe up with the "have a feeling he will be magic this weekend/hope he pisses all ower them/he'll give Pardew no option but to play him" stuff, then maybes 1 time out of 10 he has a canny game. gets on the pitch.

There fixed for you, you poor Pardewed person you.

Guest Walter

Every time HBA is fit, people pipe up with the "have a feeling he will be magic this weekend/hope he pisses all ower them/he'll give Pardew no option but to play him" stuff, then maybes 1 time out of 10 he has a canny game.

You've been Pardewed

I don't know the answer, but I'm guessing both of those have a better goals and assists to game ratio than HBA?

You'd guess wrong then.  If you look at total appearances Sissoko has a bit better assists to game ratio but a worse goals to game ratio than Ben Arfa.  Gouffran has a slightly better goals to game ratio but a far worse assists ratio than Ben Arfa

If you look only at starts (sub appearances could be as little as a few mins after all) Ben Arfa has by far the better ratio for both assists and goals than either of the other two.

Would be interesting actually if someone had a total minutes on pitch stat for all three players over their whole Newcastle career.

Not trying to have a go or anything, but for me personally the stats are irrelevant.

I'm going to a game of football Saturday and I'd rather see Hatem Ben Arfa play than not. In fact I'd rather watch him play than Sissoko, Gouffran etc. I don't care if he's overweight, inconsistent etc. at this stage. This season is effectively over, I've watched a dire 90 minutes at Craven Cottage last weekend and I just want to watch something entertaining. That's more likely to happen with Hatem out there than not.

Guest Walter

If they promised to play Hatem for all home 19 games, i'd happily pay double for my season ticket :lol:

Seconded

You need to play games to find your best possible form.. And not being dropped after one or two less good performances. Some players are simply not made to be subs.

Cunts all of them!

You need to play games to find your best possible form.. And not being dropped after one or two less good performances. Some players are simply not made to be subs.

c***s all of them!

Or put in a blinding performance then get dropped next game for no other reason than 'the managers an idiot'.  See Stoke in December.

c***s all of them!

Or put in a blinding performance then get dropped next game for no other reason than 'the managers an idiot'.  See Stoke in December.

This as well! Ridiculous!

c***s all of them!

Wasn't it against Villa that he and Remy played on each side of a striker and we did really well winning 2-1 although we looked pretty comfortable only for him to be moved to a left-midfielder in a 4-4-2 and then being blamed on for conceding three goals against Everton the following days?

c***s all of them!

Wasn't it against Villa that he and Remy played on each side of a striker and we did really well winning 2-1 although we looked pretty comfortable only for him to be moved to a left-midfielder in a 4-4-2 and then being blamed on for conceding three goals against Everton the following days?

While also being arguably our best player in the first half (not that that's saying much, we were fucking woeful in that game) and then "hauled off" at half time.

c***s all of them!

While also being arguably our best player in the first half (not that that's saying much, we were f***ing woeful in that game) and then "hauled off" at half time.

My biggest problem wasn't even his perfromance, it was the fact that if you have a player who has performed well in a 4-3-3 and the team has won away the team. Why do you move that player to the left-flank in a position he's basically never performed well in? Easy, if you're name is Parcoward you do that because you're scared of Baines and want to defend that flank. It's counter-productive, because if you have a player like Ben Arfa, Baines will be scared of attacking to much and giving Ben Arfa to much space. This was the only thing I liked about Domenech, I remember really well in the World Cup 2006 when he they got to the final, he always put on two wingers in the second half whether they were losing or winning because it forced fullbacks to stay back and if they didn't two pacey wingers would get the team in huge problems. Against Spain he put some winger on for another winger while 1-1 with 20minutes or so to go and won the game 3-1.

The best thing about Ben Arfa is the fact that the teams respect him because what he is capable off, so if we let him play his game on the right-flank teams will be more cautious. Unfortunately our manager is more scared of protecting his own goal rather than understanding what the game is all about which is score more goals than the opposition.

c***s all of them!

While also being arguably our best player in the first half (not that that's saying much, we were f***ing woeful in that game) and then "hauled off" at half time.

Ben Arfa wasn't our best player in that first half, he was as woeful as the rest